does anyone NOT drink? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

does anyone NOT drink?

Psi em

Reaction score
I'm allergic to certain kinds of beers. No clue what it was. Had to stick to the clear stuff in the younger years.

I've always had this suspicion that i'm somewhat allergic to alcohol (if that's possible?), as it doesn't matter how much or how little i drink, nor WHAT it is i'm drinking - my first instinct is to puke, and get that shit the F*%$ outta my body! :\

meathook

Reaction score
if you think you are allergic to alcohol- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_flush_reaction
"other symptoms- headache, nausea, discomfort"
you could also be gluten intolerant if you get sick from some beers but not all.

i just took a break from drinking for 3 months, now i've been drinking for a little over a month but it's just not the same. i used to love to drink but now i don't like how it makes me feel. i definitely can't drink shitty liquor, or any wine at all anymore. i'm with the majority of this thread- i'd rather smoke that sweet herb.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
if you think you are allergic to alcohol- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_flush_reaction
"other symptoms- headache, nausea, discomfort"
you could also be gluten intolerant if you get sick from some beers but not all.

i just took a break from drinking for 3 months, now i've been drinking for a little over a month but it's just not the same. i used to love to drink but now i don't like how it makes me feel. i definitely can't drink shitty liquor, or any wine at all anymore. i'm with the majority of this thread- i'd rather smoke that sweet herb.
I would stop drinking,for years at a time,smoking pot,at first,only late at night,after getting things done for the day. I'd end up drinking again,till I fucked up & would quit.This went on till I got to where I couldn't stop drinking,I'd try,but just couldn't do it ! I realized,if I quit it all,it couldn't drag me back ! ....................Am not saying for everyone to stop doing whatever, just telling my story !

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
well if they would just legalize the shit... maybe we wouldn't have to go down in an ethanol blaze.

at least for those that only rarely barely verily occasionally...can acquire... turnips.

Reactions: ByronMc
E

Earth

...at this moment, I am definately not drinking alcohol - but only because I believe I just got totally bored with that way of living.

In the 80s, when I was still in NYC soaking up the noise/experimental/hardcore scene, it almost seemed like drinking was a requirement of life, but by the 90s the faucet was either wide open or shut off.

By the 00's I was definately going down the wrong path, which - incredible as this sounds - my dog Loki - clued me into this - shortly after I adopted her :)

See that picture of me and Loke's??
That was this time, no - maybe June of 2010....

I was a real mess then, I mean everything was going wrong in my life and I mean everything - but once I adopted this dog*, suddenly I saw thing's very differently. (*maybe a month after picture was taken)

Three years later, and I look nothing like in that picture.
Maybe someday I'll fix that.

Sorry, but no more alcohol for me............

I'd rather get off on 'free diving' !!

[now, if I could only get my right ear to drain and stop hurting (dove today too deep too fast too long)]

rails2rails

Reaction score
I don't drink. I was a drunk for years many years ago. Only now that I'm sober do I realize what assholes and nit-wits drunks can be, my former self included. YMMV

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
been dry since 6/10/13... my life seems to be changing... for the better.

scummy1990

Reaction score
I stopped for like a month but started again yesterday the first few days back are usually good then it starts to fuck my life up but can't seem to stay sober and yeah I prefer weed also

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
I'm sober for the most part....I drink 2 or 3 beers 2 or 3 times a year. I like having the option but I find I usually don't really want to drink anyway.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm drinking again... not to extreme but it kinda sucks... but winter builds and my psychology is ill... I need some weed and a nice laid back stoner chick. That would make life much ... much. um better. yea....

enocifer

Reaction score
Website
vids.myspace.com
I've quit drinking, since I'm on parole. We'll see how that works once I'm back on the road and associating with others again....

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
  • Haha
Reactions: scarletpimpernel
A

A New Name

I second what Matt says.

Get dehydrated and stare at the sun? Not for me. I'd rather retain my eyesight and my above-ground, non-undead status.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia
I'm not saying that breathatarianism necessarily "works" but the idea that the sun will blind you might be total bogus. I recommend reading "The Art of Seeing" by Aldous Huxley to consider some "new" ideas. I also recommend it to anyone who wears glasses or frequently uses sunglasses. You can find it at the archive.org if you're interested.
Excuse my off-topicness. On topic I mostly try to avoid alcohol but I will sometimes accept it if offered and the situation seems appropriate.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads