does anyone NOT drink?

FromNowhere

Reaction score
i hate potheads too they fuckin suck
I fully agree, and I smoke weed every day. However, I don't treat drug use as recreational because it fails to honor the true medicinal value of plants. I get ready for bed, smoke a potent indica and or high CBD strain, and then I lay down in total darkness and see where it takes me. Sometimes it's relaxing, sometimes it brings up things that are going on inside me that I need to process. It all depends on how I feel going into it. Maybe some weed people will label me an elitist or whatever. All I can say is that it helps me contemplate my life situation and I find my waking life to be better to manage in this way.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
aAYvr1o_700b_v2.jpg

Reactions: sd40chef
D

Deleted member 20

Anyone can not drink if they are not an alcoholic. Me? I am an alcoholic! Yet, I never drink when I am sober! Not drinking for me requires a lot of maintenance. If anyone here is like me who is a hopeless alcoholic who is actually trying to become/stay sober, welcome. Being sober for me is not harm reduction to choose a better addiction. To me being sober is also not simply abstaining from a specific substance. Sobriety is the pathway to a recovery from my former broken self. I am recovering from a hopeless state of mind. I drank for 23 years & when I tried to stop; i couldnt stay stopped. I tried stopping forever & failed; now I keep it simple. I stay sober for one day at a time.

Too many people throw the word "sober" around without fully understanding the gravity of such a word. For me there is a lot of work involved in order for me to throw such words around.

While the OP asked if anyone here just NOT drink, utilizing these tools is how "I' dont drink (for one day at a time). I

1. I admitted I was utterly defeated & that I was an alcoholic..
2. I completely surrender "my will", daily to a GOD of my own understanding asking him to keep me away from a single drink for a single day.
3. I dont drink (no matter what)!
4. I attend AA meetings regularly.
5. I thoroughly accept everything.
6. I resent nothing.
7 I try to transform my former drinking self to a new and improved/better self.
8. I talk to other alcoholics every day about nothing, everything, life, alcoholism.
9. I try to give back what is freely given to me.
10. I stay grateful.
11. I do not lie,cheat or steal.
12. I cease fighting anything or anyone.
13. I actively pray for others including my enemies.
14. I thank my GOD at night for all the unwarranted gifts that came along within that day of sobriety.
15. Lather, Rinse, Repeat

This song kinda sums it up.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads