CrimethInc. Convergence - Pittsburgh - July 20 | Page 4 | Squat the Planet

CrimethInc. Convergence - Pittsburgh - July 20

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
Is panning somehow done out of a better ethic than using a trust fund?

My guess is that panhandling is seen as work, going out and putting in the time and effort to get the money. Yes or no? That's how I look at it.
A trust fund, on the other hand, is (I believe) a general term for a bank account made for a minor by parents (and not usually poor parents, obviously), so that the kid will have some 'starting finances' when he/she reaches the qualifying age (I guess it could be any age, but probably the common one is 18 or 20). So this is viewable and resentable as someone getting something for absolutely nothing, just being given a big fat bank account to draw from. And simultaneously, appearing to live 'rough' or 'in the streets' or 'hoboing on trains', etc.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
I don't think anyone would get offended by being referred to by an unwanted pronoun; if their gender is that ambiguous, they probably get it a lot.

No, they actually sit everyone talk and tell them not to assume no matter how obvious.

I felt that they were creating what they were fighting against, but everyone has their own opinions other people on here obviously feel differently. I just said fuck it and have now converted to Jeffism..which consists of getting drunk, rideing trains, squatting dumpster diveing, shittin in cans, and fine beezys!!

Reactions: Mankini

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm headed out tomorrow; hitching from 250 miles east. Not sure how long it will take me, but hopefully I'll get there before it's over, haha.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
EDIT: Plans keep changing. I'm not hitching anymore, but I still might be there.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Now I definitely WILL be there. I'll be in the city by tomorrow night.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
someone let us know how it went... maybe a 'report back' in the news section.

rabidpossum

Reaction score
i went to the convergence in Winona, Minnesota and it wasn't bad. mostly because Winona is the sweetest town ever. 2 houts south of minneapolis, right on the mississippi river...

and if we didnt feel like being sober after the days activities (some were corny others awesome) we could go camp on the wisconsin side of latsche island, where cops would never find us.

aint been to one of their convergences since, but i cant complain about that one.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
I was there from monday to thursday and it wasn't to bad. They had a decent space and some pretty good workshops. Over all it was ok. Well except you couldn't drink or have dogs inside.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Some shit went down last night. I don't feel comfortable discussing it at this moment. I'm still in Pittsburgh, at some kind person's house; I have to go back to the space to get my phone, though. We don't know much about what, if anything, happened after we left.

flashinglights

Reaction score
given that this is one of the top results in google for that event/date, you probably want to keep it to PMs.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
To my knowledge, everyone is fine, except maybe the one person that was arrested and the one person that broke their hand.

I don't feel that comfortable talking about it, because I don't think it is my place to do so. There will probably be an 'official' account sooner or later.

Avon Drunquist

Reaction score
I hung out under the panther hollow hobo bridge and got fucked up for 5 days instead of going out in the rain, saw some kids that looked like they were attending but I didn't ask where it was or anything. Kind of wasted my time in P-burgh, but oh well.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads