Best jeans?

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
I was gonna say, they may not be trendy at all anymore, but I've been wearing the same pair of JNCO's for almost six years now. A few patches and your golden. Don't know if the new ones are any good though.

Reactions: Psi em

bote

Reaction score
I got some black Calvin Klein jeans at goodwill in San Diego once, the only jeans that I didn´t have to alter (which is the way to go imo, find a sewing machine/surger) and they lasted for months, till I blew out the crotch one too many times. CK for the fashionable tramp.

M

Mouse

do they still make jncos? I had a super cute pair that lasted years.. from middle school well into highschool. the butt eventually fell apart but I just rocked leggings or cute undies underneath and kept wearing them. lol. I miss them :(

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
My brother buys new brand names jeans whenever he gets bored with the last ones, and so he often gives em to me. on my last trip, i just had an old pair of Wranglers, I think, and then switched over to a brown pair of Dickies that I got for $2 at an ultra-sweet thrift store in Canton, Illinois.

animalmaneric

Reaction score
Steal some jeans from value village and if they wear out steal some more or patch them up none of this supporting corporate power by buying carhartt or any pants for that matter because honestly most pants are made from sweat shops

Rash L

Reaction score
hand-me-downs may not last long, but they are free and plentiful in my case as most of my friends work, and I dont mind wearing clothes that have a torn hem or that are stretched out a little too much. yay friends!

drunken marauder

Reaction score
Hmmm well I dont really have a brand.... Although we have Walls here.. The off brand to Carhart or Dickies... They seem to hold up I have a pair of overalls that my dad bought before I was born... They've got some holes but they keep me warm and Im hmm 29... Oh yea and what is up with the damn tight pants.. I dunno I cant do it.....

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
....achk...go NAKED!!!!....yea....i'm startin the nude order of trainhoppers (NOTH) bwawhawhawhawhawhaaa. death to all clothing that is confinement!

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Does one really have to have balls in order for their legs to hurt? I thought this was about legs...

I agree. The whole tight-jean thing has for some people become a competition of just how close they can get to putting on a second layer of completely wrinkle-and-slack-free skin. I'm not saying I don't like a slim fit jean, as I very much prefer them, but that such things as ingrown hairs and bad circulation and inability to be any bit flexible are biological signs that you've gone too far and are starting to degrade your body and natural skin.

jdrakeh

Reaction score
Wrangler's Rigid Cowboy Cut blue jeans are extremely tough — I've had pairs of them last me through years of abuse, including spelunking half submerged limestone caverns in Kansas and old mine shafts in Southern California. Make sure you get the Rigid Cowboy Cut, though — regular Wranglers are absolute crap.

M

Mouse

fuck this... everyone needs to wear long skirts with boxer-briefs underneath.

all the flexability you need, none of the fuss.

when it's needed, get a pair of leather chaps.

lol

Mor

Reaction score
;)I wear a pair of carhart bibs to work because of all those great pockets and loops to hold my hammer, knife, nails, tape measure, drill bits, mp3 player, pencils, torpedo level, chisel, phone, etc..

As far as functional clothes goes carhart is it the top for sure.

I've chewed through one pair of bibs and a pair of pants in the last 2 years and now I'm on to another pair of bibs. I'd still be wearing my first pair of overalls if I hadn't accidently started them on fire.... while I wearing them.

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Wait until after Christmas(about 2 weeks)and get thee to your local thrift store.My favorite is Diversity here in RVA.Go to the clothes section and start looking.Are those 501 Levies I see,still with the hang tags,for $7,that someone donated because the picked up 10 pounds over the hoidays and are too embarassed to return?My,my,is that a canvas jacket with a wool liner(Pendilton) that doesn't quite go with someone's style that they got from Aunty Greta,the one with all the money you might inherite ,that you donated,for $5?HMMMMMMMMM,L.L. Bean wool shirt from the '50s-'60s,still smelling of mothballs,out of the house some "urban pioneer" bought,and dumpped the contents on Diversity for the tax cred,for $3?My,my!
Plus the Diversity Thrift Store actually does help out the local GLBT community,as well as other good projects

farmer john

Reaction score
go to your local sail shop if you live by water and get sum sail canvas and sew urself a pair of jeans with sheet liner theyl never wear out and u can have all the pockets u want downside is they get dirty fast (not much of a downside)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads