Best jeans?

mkirby

Reaction score
Website
meredithkirby.com
I'm sick of this flimsy bullshit you get at the gap. I need some good, solid jeans that'll last me awhile. I also don't want to pay seventy dollars a pair for them. Suggestions?

mkirby

Reaction score
Website
meredithkirby.com
I can never seem to find anything that fits me right at secondhand stores...im thinking of just shelling out the 35 bucks for some carthartt work pants at sears. I've never had a pair before and I've heard they last forever.

also...

just layered two pairs of old navy stretchy jeans on top of each other. FUCKING WIN. Warm as hell and durable, and pretty comfortable (probably will be more so when broken in a bit)

Shoestring

Professional Hobo
Banned
Reaction score
Rolling, empty boxcars to Sioux Falls, South Dakot
Website
www.youtube.com
Levi 501's!!!........"AND/OR"

Carhartt's!!! are the best for the road/rails I have had experience with......

Try this.........www.carhartt.com
I'm sick of this flimsy bullshit you get at the gap. I need some good, solid jeans that'll last me awhile. I also don't want to pay seventy dollars a pair for them. Suggestions?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
unfortunately, carhartts are no longer made in the U.S. as of like a few years ago, they're made in mexico, and it shows. they don't hold up nearly as well as they used to. also, im sure they're not paying living wages for workers to make them (or anywhere near it), so im kinda boycotting them. also, they've kinda become a joke, everyone and their mom has them now. i say any old jeans are fine, as long as their comfortable. you'll end up patching those carhartts up just as much.

i forgot how you spell it, but the work clothes you're talking about are called philsons or filsons or whatever. they're coated in paraffin or some shit so their fire resistant. they're also expensive as hell (80+ dollars).

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
oh, i forgot, im a big fan of dickies. they're made in the usa, and cost like HALF the price of anything carhartt sells. they even sell double knee pants, just like carhartts.

Nym

Reaction score
i just keep sewing tons of patches on my pants when needed
ive been wearing these pants for a year now.

Reactions: 40 Hands

wartomods

Reaction score
I have to admit , i wear scenester super slim fit jeans, i get them at some store (zara) for 19 euros, excellent price, knowing that slim jeans for guys are always super expensive

Geoff

Reaction score
i wear slim fit jeans. usually just sew them in myself.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I really don't get tight pants, I don't wear them because they limit my flexibility, prevent me from wearing thermals, and they hurt my thighs and calves when I squat down.

Reactions: Psi em

FreeBHamster

Reaction score
i've found that if i shell out like $40 bucks for a pair of decent levis they last me for a good couple of years no problem.

if they weren't so expensive i would love a pair of filsons, fuckin indestructable.

wartomods

Reaction score
I really don't get tight pants, I don't wear them because they limit my flexibility, prevent me from wearing thermals, and they hurt my thighs and calves when I squat down.

you have to find the right thing, for me they arent unconfortable by any means, maybe because they are cotton with like 2 or 3 per cent of spandex, making them a little flexible, and they have a cut that keeps you crotch safe ahhaha,
well maybe i am the one wrong and too connected with this way of dressing up

sharks77

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

if the tightness of your pants hurts your legs i think your pants are a little TOO tight. i love my tight pants and the ones that fit me right aren't uncomfortable. i have one pair that is really tight and not stretchy enough and whenever i crouch down they bunch up and rub behind my knees but besides that, i hate wearing baggy pants. i guess its probably a little different for guys though heh

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads