Best City in America

oldmanLee

Reaction score
LaCross,Wi. and probably Bangor,Me. Both rather laid back,both have real seasons,and both have their unique joys.Bangor in the winter,snuggled down in a bunch of wool with a great dog,hot coffee and the hiss of a three day noreaster.LaCross with the Missip a cobalt blue,the houseboats gently rocking,and the world's greatest saloon.

lice

Reaction score
anywhere in colorado
santa fe NM
taos NM
flagstaff arizona but watch out for methheads but i guess thats everywhere nowadays
anywhere that isnt the south

yarn and glue

Reaction score
Website
couragequail.bandcamp.com
LaCross,Wi. and probably Bangor,Me. Both rather laid back,both have real seasons,and both have their unique joys.Bangor in the winter,snuggled down in a bunch of wool with a great dog,hot coffee and the hiss of a three day noreaster.LaCross with the Missip a cobalt blue,the houseboats gently rocking,and the world's greatest saloon.

Sold!

Nym

Reaction score
ima have to say
the coolest city
in america to me is
Chattanooga, T.n.
i had a great time
and theres a lot happening there.

Hollywood

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Das Burgh
l_3699a0653142d1c80700d752ea56dafa.jpg
stillersburgh
4096404433_ddd261f433_b.jpg

anyone been to landslide?

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
I'd actually have to say nola...I know alot of people have bad things to say about it, but theres more out there than just the french quarter, the ninth ward is pretty friggin awesome and its nice when your not beligerent drunk...almost everytime I went through the trash cans for meals and what not, I never got handed less than a 5 at some point..this dude rolled up in a bmw and handed me a 20 and said "I've been there and know how it is" and it has hundreds of squats nowadays too...squatted a cops house last time i was there

Reaction score
depending on what time of year you plan on heading out. i recommend san diego california the weather is great this time of year hardly rains and people are extremely giving around this time of year. san diego is known for some of the best beach towns like oceanside encinitas, pacific beach , and ocean beach. if you do ever make it down ask around to local punks about the sewer shows in san diego i've had the opportunity to see phobia skarp, and a ton of other bands in the sewer s of san diego.its also a great starting point to head north or east for spring.

barnaclebones

Reaction score

sigh. you speak the truth.

JungleBoots

Reaction score
DETRIOT!

more vacated houses then you can shake a stick at, police would rather avoid squatters all together out here tbh. they got waay bigger problems to deal with than a bunch of relatively peaceful kids making use of what is left to waste.

the music scene is kinda quiet but the more i look into it the more i find venues, organizations and just all around cool people. tons of space for fun, neat festivals. winters are mildly cold, weather can get bad, but its generally pretty comfy all year round. no need to worry about earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, or massive forest fires. shits pretty chill.

drybonezz

Reaction score
Detroit is SO easy to squat in because most of the houses are abandoned. Also, there are a lot of really nice houses that are abandoned since our economy is so terrible. You could even buy a really nice house for as low as $500 and just pay property tax once a year and then it wouldn't be illegal to be there.

littlejasonsandiego

Reaction score
thers 60,000 abandoned buildings in baltimore MD ive been told and would not doubt it. many medical studies and still easy train rides in and out. many are too fucked up or instead of boards on the windows and doors they are bricked. but fire escapes and the space beetween buildings are pretty prime for entraneces. it can be dangerous there but strenghth in numbers will prevail. gets cold but not as cold as a lot of places still not as warm but a nice medium. dont be fooled to think theres a mecca though...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads