Ass Patches | Squat the Planet

Ass Patches

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Just curious. whats the best material to use for an ass patch other than leather? I'm getting tired of patching up the ass of my pants so i figure i'll just hang something from it haha

Kraken

Reaction score
Very recently i used the bottom of an old green Army duffle bag i had it is very thick and although i am against the military, they do make some pretty durable shit and im sure it'll last a while.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with the back flap, though you'll still feel the breeze when it's cold...

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
I sadly threw out my last set of patched pants over a year ago. Old Canadian army from the 60's...the thick ones. I have none left, can't find them any more. I patched them with the inner leg cuffs for a bit...then went to any good canvas i could find, and wax the patches. Good luck with those.

skunkpit

Reaction score
bike or truck tire inner tube, what ever thickness ya like, jus sew strips together vertically or what ever

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
i just covered the ass of my pants with a layer of permatex. i've always used it to seal up my shoes, rips, all kind of shit. it's like waterproof rubber and since I put it on super thick, like 3/8 inch, and it dosen't dry super hard, it's kinda padded too.

M

Mouse

I take a back-patch and make a bum flap to keep my pants from getting worn out.

but when it comes time to patch a hole in the ass area... I stick with canvas as well. it's comfy yet sturdy enough.

i avoid leather and rubber because it traps moisture. i don't like funky ass sweat.

clothes are disposable. dont get too attached to a pair f pants.

• Useful
Reactions: Doc Road

skunkpit

Reaction score
to avoid ass sweat, i use meshing.. ill take some kind of strong messing from backpacks or somethin, and sew a crotch vent right underneath my crotch up to my butthole, i find getting rid of that X cross section of stitching on pants under the crotch makes them allot more durable because there is so much stress on that part, instead now is a stretchy mesh, i might be able to upload a pic sometime. i had crotch rot for almost a year til i though about sewing a crotch vent on, and it went away in a week... by far best thing iv done in my life thus far

another thing i do with pants alternative to buttflaps is sew huge pockets on each ass up to the seems of a strong material for farther ass support, like rubber or leather or felted wool, and then during the cold, you can cut cardboard to fit exactly in your back pockets which is sweet insulation when sitting on cold concrete

just little tips i find work for me

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Thanks. I think im going to try the tire tubes with a back batch glued on the front with liquid latex.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
The vents have really got me thinking now- definitely something to do when it gets warm again, I want to figure out a way to close up the vents for colder weather.

tothewind

Reaction score
You could try having a piece that covers them that attaches via snaps or zippers. Ive got a hoody that I made an insulated hood insert for, it snaps in around the edges, and at the back crease that runs top to bottom, as well as left to right.

skunkpit

Reaction score
i find i have so many layers in the winter anyway, my balls sweat regardless and my whole crotch is way to hot all the time, but when sleeping, usually sleep on the side and closing my legs closes up the crotch vent, but yeah some kind of snap or zipper do dad would work well too

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I love that insulation used for like hiker's jackets. not sure what its called but its soft and pretty water resistant.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Okay, i finally found some great material for my ass. now i'm going super creative on this shit. I have a sewing machine. any good ideas on what to do with it? i want to sew something on it like A picture or a quote....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads