[Apr 1, 2012] Squat the Island Work Week (Grand Junction, Colorado) | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

[Apr 1, 2012] Squat the Island Work Week (Grand Junction, Colorado)

neems

Reaction score
tilth, refers to soil health, in relation to planting/growing crops.
350 acres is big, that's great!
it is untitled and no government agency has claimed ownership
good to know...

interested in coming out to help, although april i don't think i'll be around..
but this is definitely an ongoing project..

bryanpaul

Reaction score
how about squatters who may already be there?..... you'd probably want to know if anyone is already set up and get an idea of what kind of folks they are.....

FLoP

Reaction score
That's a good point. I was thinking about cops and river patrol. There is a road right there and a yard so people would know we were there. Anyone live near that area? I could use an address to send equipment to. What kinda crops are you guys thinking about? I have a few seeds laying around.. Haha. And zephyr, I really couldn't tell you where I'll be in the summer. I let you know if I am still around.

FLoP

Reaction score
I started making a luggage rack for my motorcycle to carry the tools I want to bring. That fucker is going on a raft to that island.

dprogram

Reaction score
tilth, refers to soil health, in relation to planting/growing crops.
350 acres is big, that's great!
good to know...

interested in coming out to help, although april i don't think i'll be around..
but this is definitely an ongoing project..
I'm speculating here but due to the fact the river surrounds the island the soil should be fine due to the amount of silt deposited. The island itself is probably made mostly of silt.

FLoP

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I was thinking tree houses in case of a flood.......and it's a tree house.

Kphoenix

Reaction score
Do you need anyone out there now, cuz im thinkin bout leavin texas and hitching out there if you wanted to set up early.

Kamera

Reaction score
me and my friend would really like to be apart of this she is originally from grand junction but were both located in california now. i dont have any expirence building a structure but still would like to help with whatever i could and learn the rest. im uber excited at the thought of the whole thing

F

Firefly

I'd like to get on this project, but I'm a little slow to fully commit. The last project I was working on ended horribly. It was mainly Ego, and mixed views that caused the entire community to collapse on itself. I would like to avoid as much drama as humanly possible. On a second note, I don't have many resources to bring other than myself and a strong work ethic. I like to see things through and always stay for the long haul. I have experience with raising Goats and Chickens, as well as sprouting(alfalfa, mung beans, clover, etc) and have always been self-sufficient. This project seems like it could be grand, as long as the foundation is set right. I will check in from time to time as often as possible.

marc

Reaction score
im gonna be heading that way tomorrow or the next day. im in florida right now but i should be there april 1st. anyone whos going wanna PM me their phone numbers so we can meet up? I haven't heard from redstateradical in awhile and he hasnt signed on in almost a month anyone else heard from em?

Reactions: Kphoenix

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
well, it says it started april 1st. im assuming it's over by now. can anybody report back as to how it went?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads