Yeast Infection? | Squat the Planet

Yeast Infection?

tothewind

Reaction score
So yeah, I don't know if anyone can give me help on this. Is it possible to get a yeast infection in one's armpit? Most of the hair in my right armpit is covered in like, crusty white shit that smells like fuckall. I can't wash it out, no matter what I scrub it down with, and even if I cut all the hair off, when it grows back, the shit comes back. It never happens to my left pit, and I really can't figure out what the fuck it is. Even like, Tinactin or similiar stuff doesnt bust this funk. Help!

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately it's very possible. I've had a couple of those before usually during the hot summer months when I can chafe badly if I'm not careful. The smell is horrible. Whatever you've got going on under your arm though sounds a little different that it doesn't wash out and keeps coming back. Try shaving it, washing it really good and then using cornstarch or something similar to keep it really dry for a few days and see if that doesn't get rid of it. Live culture yogurt also works really well at killing yeast. If it still comes back I don't know what else to tell ya other than go have it checked at a clinic.

stove

Reaction score
I've heard (Can't recall where) that honey is a pretty good remedy. Also, there are a few posts (too lazy to search them out) on road medicine floating around this site, you might want to check them out. Good luck!

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
This sounds like a fungal infection, but I don't have any experience with it. My best guess would be white piedra, and I don't think honey will work- it's more of an anti-bacterial than an anti-fungal. Try shaving it and then using something like an anti-dandruff shampoo (selenium sulfide, cheaper) or tea tree oil (herbal but more expensive). Or even urine (who knows, it might work, and its free).

If it is piedra, it shouldn't be able to actually hurt you, it'll just make your pit hair stink and look funny.

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
TEA TREE OIL!
i JUST got rid of an armpit fungus i've had for the past year and a half by treating it with tea tree and shaveing off the hair. try washing any clothes that come into contact with your armpits too cuz the fungus will live in your clothes too is my understanding. if you can't get your hands on tea tree try apple cider vinegar. good luck!

Reactions: tothewind

Nym

Reaction score
wow...tea tree oil works for almost everything.
im glad i carry it

mbgeorge

Reaction score
yeah i've heard lots of people say tea tree oil works, appearently so.. i got a really bad yeast infection on the inside of my thighs didn't know what to do and it fucking itched like hell i ended up going to the clinic and they told me that before they would prescribe me anti-biotics to rub monistat-7 on it... it cleared it up in a few days

anhelyca

Reaction score
Intertrigo is a yeast infection of skin folds caused by Candida albicans. In areas of the body that have skin touching skin such as the armpits, groin, and under heavy breasts or fat folds, the environment is warm and moist. This is the perfect environment for Candida albicans, a yeast that is normally found on the skin, to overgrow and cause symptoms. Other factors that can cause intertrigo include:

• Hot, humid weather
  • Tight or abrasive underclothing
  • Poor hygiene
  • Inflammatory skin diseases, like psoriasis, occurring in the skin folds
To treat this treat this with anti fungal creams such as clotrimazole and miconazole
A drying solution such as Burow's compresses can be applied to the skin folds for 20 to 30 minutes several times a day to promote drying. I hope I help you with this

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads