?Which boot is "your" friend on the steel? | Page 8 | Squat the Planet

?Which boot is "your" friend on the steel?

roughdraft

Reaction score
he vasques I can't comment on because I found them in a free box and the soles had already begun to crack.

i know this guy is banned

i was about to make a thread about how i got these very same Vasque boots for free recently too, and the soles have begun to crack

I'm in rural Colombia and all "non essential services" are closed due to the COVID19 situation, unfortunately this includes cobblers - and I've even been on the phone with a few, and apparently nobody wants to work doing a pick up and delivery service

this sucks because I only have a couple pair of footwear and I'm not tryin to buy new stuff

So here's a question in case anyone is up for starting on this topic

What are some decent DIY methods for fixin these shits up? Needle and thread? Glue? I'm concerned I won't be finding many useful supplies in town, but I'm lookin to think this through before browsing the grocery store while undoubtedly getting hawked by the workers because "get in, get out, and go home" policy

Anybody have some experience in this matter?

@MFB @Older Than Dirt @Coywolf @Koala @Desperado Deluxe @Eng JR Lupo RV323 @Tony Pro @OTTERWOLF @dumpsternavel @Honey Crust @Dmac @Faceplant WhatsApp Image 2020-04-13 at 16.32.24 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-04-13 at 16.31.13.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-04-13 at 16.31.13 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
  • Best of Luck!
Reactions: Juan Derlust
D

Deleted member 23824

I have bought some really high quality boots and shoes off eBay, barely worn, at rock-bottom prices. I wear a EEE width, most mass-marketed footwear makes everything in a D width(med), a one-size-doesn’t-fit-all solution. Occasionally those same guys will market what they call W or Extra Wide, but those are at best an E width.

So, I buy Allen Edmonds shoes and boots, Redwing work boots, and Danner hiking boots. All American-made, different lasts to fit different feet, and many different widths. I never pay full price for anything, always prefer used to new.

• Agree
Reactions: Juan Derlust

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads