Where are you going to be this winter?

LeeevinKansas

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I dont mind temps in the 30s or 40s, but anything below 30 starts to bother me. But only if its like that continuously. If every 3 days is 20 degrees, then the next 3 its 30s or 40s, ill stick around. But if its like 20 degrees continously for a month ill leave, but i wont head to someplace warm, just someplace in the 40s or maybe 50s.

seasonchange

Reaction score
seasonchange: Hell yeah! I know a lot of folks in Austin but always like to know more! I'm planning on being there after Halloween also for a week or two, then plan to make my way west..... How long you planning on being in ATX and where you going after?

pretty much my plan exactly. sort of wondering how long i'll be in nola though. maybe a week or so? i'll probably get there just a day or two before the holiday. after that i'm thinking austin for a couple weeks. i'd like to be there for thanksgiving, but i'm not sure if that's gonna happen.
then i'm headed for arizona/new mexico/california? how far west were you loking to go?

ericafuckyea

Reaction score
nola, then atlanta, then nyc. ive spent one winter in the city and it wasnt that bad.

Reaction score
Northern California, Portland, maybe up to WA, hopeing to make it a ways east too, at least to Wisconsin (I know, not the best place to travel in winter).

queerbones

Reaction score
I'm planning on being in new york city most of it (where I'm from) to attempt to find work, even though I'm really bad at that kind of thing because I'm never motivated to find a job. I sort of have to though because I'm in this really interesting situation where I'm trying to fix my relationship with my mom (she kicked me out this june and I just moved back into her house to do this) and one of her requirements is that I'm working. So fair enough, I guess, things have been going well so far. I really love winter though, it's my favorite season, I wish I could travel more but the only other two places I'm headed are boston and minneapolis which will both be way icier than where I'm from. I've never been very good at this "traveling south in the winter" thing.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
if anyone's going to ga, i'm staying in macon for the moment. if you come through, you'll have a place to stay, and i know squats and the yd pretty well. let me know in a private message if you do.
db

syphilust

Reaction score
i had it all planned out to be in a house this winter
but then it burned down
boo
but now i get to hit the trail
yay

so im headed south for my first winter in the states. dont know at all where though - sky and dirts the limit.
but, hey, i get to figure a fuck-ton of train stuff out, so that`ll make it fun and interesting...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads