What's your favorite piece of gear? | Squat the Planet

What's your favorite piece of gear?

Poe Boy

Reaction score
OK, what is your one, favorite item, that is really a can't do-without type thing. It doesn't have to be your most practical, although it may be.

Mine happens to be one of my more practical things.
My sleeping bag.

It was an older model, the big green one with the center zipper. It was the one before the MSS came out. Rated for 15 degrees or something. Mos of my traveling was in northern states, and that sucker got used a lot. Had to unzip it a bit in late spring and early fall, but it kept me warm no matter how cold it got out. It is heavy, like 8 pounds for the bag, but I love the thing. I even put away my newer, lighter ones last winter and took it back out to give it a try, and I remember why I love it so much. It's nice and roomy, and oh so comfy.

So what's your favorite?

Reactions: Marc ebach67

bote

Reaction score
a little weird, but I really like having a velcro pocket, and sew some on every righthand pòcket I come into possession of. Not having a velcro pocket bugs me more than absence of anything else, I alwasy think I`m going to lose stuff.

Reactions: Nomadicinquiries

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
My hammock & my Leatherman Wave multitool. I think I'd be lost without either of those.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing like a good old speedball, huh?

drun_ken

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i just recently turned my favorit piece of gear into a skirt for the worlds best babbysitter...they were a pair of army airforce pants....basicly they looked like sleepingbag pants...even has homebum blankent lookin stuff lineing em...they have a pocket on the side for an emercancy air tank that fits a 3 cell mag lite perfectly...can't even tell the maggie is in the pocket...made sure as a skirt it kept that pocket....i got ta remember ta get a pick of that skirt before she leaves next week...anyways other than those....all the stash pockets i sew into everything...

Reactions: BobbinGoblin

WindWalker1970

Reaction score
Condoms. :love:

sleep

Reaction score
4" mini vise grips I don't leave home without em'.

Tosh

Reaction score
Deffinatly my fanny pack...
great tool for the utility obsessed traveler, inside, 4 inch vice grips, spange, skeleton keys, drugs, a small notebook, 2 pens, guitar picks, beads, cord, small led flash light, like 5 lighters, patches, intertube patches, rubber cement, sewing kit, container w/ body jewlery, and some xanax?

Shoestring

Professional Hobo
Banned
Reaction score
Rolling, empty boxcars to Sioux Falls, South Dakot
Website
www.youtube.com
My Maglight!

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
I kinda miss my tool-belt. Not particularly attractive or comfortable, but damn that thing saved a lot of weight off my back.

Reactions: scales
M

Mouse

a little weird, but I really like having a velcro pocket, and sew some on every righthand pòcket I come into possession of. Not having a velcro pocket bugs me more than absence of anything else, I alwasy think I`m going to lose stuff.

ha. I can feel ya on that one. I used ALWAYS have a hoodie with the pouch pocket in the front, and I'd seal that bitch up with zippers on both ends cuz nothign sucks more than dropping your cigs or your handy knife outta that stupid open ended pouch.
-----------------------------

of course, everyone needs a a bed roll. that's probbaly the most important thing. but as for my FAVE piece... hmm... my padded camera bag. I'm always worried my camera will get smashed and scratched to hell (not that it would really matter in the end how it looks but I just don't want it to get broken) but my padded camera bag saved my pentex so many times. even left it on the hood of my car once and drove off... camera only has a mild ding in the very top and still works like a charm. I think the fact that my camera is almost unbreakable helps a bit too. try doing that with some digital hunk of fine tuned plastic and see what happens. pfft

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads