what do you want done with your body when you die?

zoe420

Reaction score
I like the idea of becoming part of the world after I die. So cremated and thrown in the ocean or into the desert wind or buried in a nice field or something like under a tree. No fancy coffin or funeral, never liked those things.

dprogram

Reaction score
I want my good organs to be reused. Then I'd like to be cremated and made into a diamond with the remaining ashes dumped on my parents farm land and some used as fertilizer for my dad's flowers at his grave. Instead of a funeral I'd like people to throw a huge party and celebrate my life and not mourn my death.

dprogram

Reaction score
i wish i could say something romantic like a viking burial or taxidermy or something awesome, but in reality because after the experience of having to sort out my dads funeral i will just be cool with whatever is the easiest and cheapest option (disposing of bodies legally is expensive!). No ceremony, cardboard coffin, cremation, scatter me somewhere, job done!
Yeah you'd think that after you die you wouldn't owe shit. They get you when you're alive and when you're dead.

urbanflow

Reaction score
i would like to be placed somewhere in the wilderness and let the animals and nature reclaim my energy

Reactions: Odin

Mad Max

Reaction score
I would like to have my body cremated except for my bones. My bones can be made into jewelry and worn by my friends. My ashes can be loaded into rifle bullets and used for hunting.

Mongo

Reaction score
I was just thinking the other day while riding my bike "If I was cremated I want my ashes to be spread in a childrens sandbox".

Reactions: Hal

Hal

Reaction score
Ok. I'm 100% dead serious about this game plan and have given detailed directions to my closest friends.

Firstly, my skull will be given to theater friends to be used in all future productions of Hamlet.

The rest of me will be cremated. My closest road dawgs will take me for one last West bound ride and leave my ashes on the train.

Most importantly, if my family somehow insists on a Christain burial all of my friends will show up on the church steps for a rowdy, drugged out , super fun anti-funeral.

I really enjoy this thread.

Reactions: hobopoe

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Scraped off the sidewalk.
I hope not...

For me... cremated on a funeral pyre while everyone gets drunk and dances. ::drinkingbuddy::

Laughing all night long.
::woot::

Though my dear ladies can take a moment to shed those heavy tears... :(
Yet be comforted by the thought that I will always be there.
In hearts and memories if not space and time.::eyepatch::

6bummin6it6

Reaction score
i have a love for rivers that runs just as deep as a river itself, so when i die, i want my body to be dumped into a handmade canoe and sent down river, but i was my body to be really pale when they do this, dressed in a (stolen) tuxedo, holding some sort of white and purple flowers. i have also asked that they put my banjo in the boat with me. this would have been a lot cooler 600 years ago, so nobody would ever find my body and i would turn into food for the fish or coyotes or something, now i will probably just be found by some kindly fisherman, stone skipping kid, or river clean up crew.

if i were buried, it would have to be on a private plot of land, a friend of mine has a place in new england, my tombstone would read "here lies the biggest asshole who ever lived. he was a fucking dick and you should be glad he's dead" with some bullshit date and name.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads