Under Wear vs Commando

Toxic*Flood*Brew

Reaction score
No underwear for me means sometime in the future i'm most likley to chaf.Plus in those unexpected cases when a shart occurs it's good to be able to dispose of the evidence.

wartomods

Reaction score
boxers are such a cheap/shopliftable thing, they get you much more comfy and you just need to pass them on the sink and voila like a fresh cloth change

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
I go back and forth quite a bit but during the summer I always have on some kind of under britches, helps prevent the chafing which is just something that I do not enjoy dealing with. I have three pair of those stretchy bike short things that I use for underwear. Their great in that they last along time, wash easily and are very light weight for packing.

Ready Freddy

Reaction score
I have two pairs of exofficio and a pair of thermals i travel with! With exofficio are the SHIT! so easy to lift from REI and they last really long,don't smell clean really easily and dry super fast, and their boxer breifs are really comftorable! they advertise for their underwear i have "17 countries, 6 weeks, 1 pair of underwear" I highly suggest them! Same thing with sox,i get merino woolsox.Filson makes the BEST sox, i really want to try their underwear. I dumpstered their leather and made the best belt i have ever had out of it, two inch wide 1/4 inch thick vegtable tand leather! BUAHAHAHA!

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
fuck clothes.
ican't stand wearing underwear.

the only real downside is i've had a couple pairs of pants that got so worn down and it was hard to patch the holes where yer crotch is. so......

Feral

Reaction score
Commando, seriously. Pack space is valuable, and Socks are way more important than underwear. If you stink, it wont matter if you have clean draws on or not, you are still gonna smell..

Rash L

Reaction score
I dont mind going commando at all, but I do like to have the undies for.. as Arrow mentioned, the girly stuff. I mostly have black cotton panties which, also mentioned before, are awesome to use as a bathing suit whenever you dont want to skinny dip. Underwear is also good to sleep in on very hot nights.

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
No underwear + Not super tight pants + suspenders + goldbond = the most comfortable system I've found.

My pants never smell like shit, but they do often smell like balls. Not bothersome to me at all.

Winter

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
LOL ok I usually also prefer commando. Honestly I've always been somewhat of a not so smelly traveler. Sure we all get dirty and smelly at some point when we're on the road and can't get clean. But I guess I've just always found a way to clean myself and my clothes if/when it got too bad. Gotten many free shower coupons at truck stops. Even spanged there to have money to wash my clothes in their washers. You can't do it everyday when you're on the road....but I think I managed to get my clothes washed at least twice a month on the road if not more often, and a bath sometimes a couple times a week...sometimes every day depending on where I was...who I had met and what was going on. Maybe I loose *coolness* points for that....but I prefer not to smell too bad when I don't have to

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads