Under Wear vs Commando

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Would you guys say its better to wear under wear vs commando?

Or does it even matter. I am thinking with longer streches of not being able to bathe too often, wearing under wear mite be more approprate as to not stink up your shorts/pants. Cus easier to wash some drawers, or replace them.

Any thoughts...

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
only "sometimes" when I sleep, and for damn sure not when I am wearin my kilt... Which I wear quite often.

Beyond The Sun

Reaction score
I don't usually. Especially if I'm hiking and whatnot. I did initially find chaffing to be a problem, but that's easily remedied by folding a bandanna into a triangle and putting it over my junk. Tighten your belt so that it catches the two left and right tips of the bandanna and you're good to go. As for the stink, yeah it happens, but I'll just sit in a river for a little, maybe a little scrubbing, and I'm good to go. All in what you prefer I guess.

M

Mouse

I used to go comando all the time when I traveled but I kept getting UTIs all the time. I guess for a chick it's a lil bit different but I found it's a million times easier to keep my junk happy if I wear some simple cotton underwear and keep them clean. My pants hardly ever got washed so it made sense to not have that nastieness rubbing on my cooch all day everyday.

bote

Reaction score
yeah, I use some sort of talc powder like goldbond to keep from ghetting a rash when I`m going long periods of dirty. I met a firefighter who told me about doing that when they were dropped into the woods and in there for days on end, and I`ve found it to work.

• Useful
Reactions: cultofsam

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys this has actully been quite helpful. I am prolly gonna pack a few pair just to be safe. And I have heard good things about the butt paste. *Adds butt paste, and talcin powder to self cleaning supplys*

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
I go commando, simply because I hate the pack wedgies..you know when you pack slowly causes your shirt pants and underwear to ride up?? Or am I the only one that gets that? anywho the powder treatment really helps as for the smell, well you cant really get around that underwear or not.

Reactions: Xan
M

Mouse

^ that's always a plus too. too many times I found myself with ripped pants, nowhere to strip down, and no undies. it's great to be able to just take off your pants and fix them when need -be without having to be bare assed at any point in time.

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
see, this is one thing I enjoy often... You cant wear a kilt and wear under wear... And thats where I do my best... um... biz

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I pack two pairs of underwear to help my pants from smelling like dirty man junk. If both already smell terrible, I just go commando anyways. I like the security underwear offers too.

M

Mouse

plus, if you have a pair of semi hole free black undies and a t-shirt you've always got a imprompto bathing suit for those days when someone yells "lets go pool hoping!"

never fun to try to swim in jeans lol

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads