Event - The Global Eclipse Patagonia Gathering 2020 | Squat the Planet

Event The Global Eclipse Patagonia Gathering 2020

rhummer92

Reaction score
The Global Eclipse Patagonia Gathering!
Dec 10-16th, 2020

Weblink:
Global Eclipse- Patagonia Gathering 10-16 Dec 2020 - https://globaleclipse.com/

I bought a super early bird ticket to this!
I have zero plans in terms of getting there & no one else involved in the idea.

At the moment it’s 1 year and 4 months away, so, here’s to planning! If anyone has any ideas, involvement or interest in attending, drop a line!

Cheers 🌅🌄🌅🌄🌅

2B7D17CC-1FBD-4210-95A4-E01E30C2B7A8.jpeg

Reactions: Raggamuffin

roughdraft

Reaction score
interesting….

im a little suspicious of anything that offers " travel and accommodation "

as well the location is a lot further north than I expected due to the presentation/title but I was not far from that at a time (El Bolson) and it was very beautiful….. it just gets even better the further south you go….and further north just gets drier and shit…so I dunno

I also dunno anything about eclipse-viewing logistics

rhummer92

Reaction score
im a little suspicious of anything that offers " travel and accommodation "

Well being an international “global” eclipse festival I would imagine they provide travel packages for thise who can afford.
But personally I won’t be flying there, I see myself hiking there. Possibly start off by sailing south along the Atlantic coast. These are two separate adventures in themselves, activities in which no logistics have been sorted out.

How would you guys prefer to travel there?

roughdraft

Reaction score
Well being an international “global” eclipse festival I would imagine they provide travel packages for thise who can afford.
But personally I won’t be flying there, I see myself hiking there. Possibly start off by sailing south along the Atlantic coast. These are two separate adventures in themselves, activities in which no logistics have been sorted out.

How would you guys prefer to travel there?

i may have made the comment with my head partway up my ass - me personally, i'd prolly fly "somewhere" on the continent (Lima, Quito and Bogota typically have the cheapest tickets for North Americans that I myself have witnessed....Montevideo is ironically not one to shake a stick at either! ) months in advance and then hitchhike or take buses orrr a combination of the two, makin stops and doin stuff, meetin folks, and ultimately arriving at the destination (or not, ha ha ha)

However, this is just what I've had experience doing on the continent, and yknow I don't even know much of the beauty of eclipses, I was just attracted to yr thread because of the location.... anyway yr idea of sailing, oof, beautiful and intriguing to put it lightly! I'm young and green and have never done that (outside of optis and lazers as a preteen......)

so uh...wanna be my friend? :-D

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't tell you how to get there or exactly where it is...

MFB

Reaction score
Agree w roughdraft, kind of misleading as its far too north to be considered Patagonia. Name droppin'

I'm more interested in the sailing down.
The logistics on that would be outta my league.
Would you leave from FL?
Are you a masterclass sailer or moneyed enough pay someone?
Sounds amazing but I wouldnt even know where to begin. Thats a looooong way.

rhummer92

Reaction score
🤦🏻‍♂️ Not like it’s called the Patagonia eclipse or something right. Excuse me for misleading the entire thread based on the title exclusively.

I’m not some master sailor, not some rich cunt with a bag of cash. Get on a boat and whip out your compass

MFB

Reaction score
🤦🏻‍♂️ Not like it’s called the Patagonia eclipse or something right. Excuse me for misleading the entire thread based on the title exclusively.

I’m not some master sailor, not some rich cunt with a bag of cash. Get on a boat and whip out your compass

Im sorry, I meant the ppl running the gathering were misleading, not you.
Saying Neuquen is Patagonia is like saying ya went to the French Alps but just hung out in Paris. Two different things.

And naaaah dood. Takin a boat from Fl to Buenos Aires or close is much more than 'get in a boat w a compass'.
Have you ever been out of the states before?

Reactions: roughdraft

roughdraft

Reaction score
Agree w roughdraft, kind of misleading as its far too north to be considered Patagonia. Name droppin'

thanks, I felt a bit out of pocket, being a douche but it does actually make me suspicious of the integrity of the people running the event…like….."Let's just pull a bunch of people with trendy-buzzwords"…then again I guess one just calls that 'business' ?

Deckard

Reaction score
I've been wanting to go to this thing since they announced the location two years ago, it's someplace I've wanted to see but idk how to get there with the time and money I have available for it, I thought maybe flying into Peru and taking a bus the rest of the way might work.

roughdraft

Reaction score
I've been wanting to go to this thing since they announced the location two years ago, it's someplace I've wanted to see but idk how to get there with the time and money I have available for it, I thought maybe flying into Peru and taking a bus the rest of the way might work.

you're fuckin right it would work, but it will take quite a bit of time going overland

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads