Event The Global Eclipse Patagonia Gathering 2020 (1 Viewer)

rhummer92

Lurker
Current Location
Bay Area, CA
The Global Eclipse Patagonia Gathering!
Dec 10-16th, 2020

Weblink:
Global Eclipse- Patagonia Gathering 10-16 Dec 2020 - https://globaleclipse.com/

I bought a super early bird ticket to this!
I have zero plans in terms of getting there & no one else involved in the idea.

At the moment it’s 1 year and 4 months away, so, here’s to planning! If anyone has any ideas, involvement or interest in attending, drop a line!

Cheers 🌅🌄🌅🌄🌅

2B7D17CC-1FBD-4210-95A4-E01E30C2B7A8.jpeg

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Current Location
eastern shore of MD, USA
interesting….

im a little suspicious of anything that offers " travel and accommodation "

as well the location is a lot further north than I expected due to the presentation/title but I was not far from that at a time (El Bolson) and it was very beautiful….. it just gets even better the further south you go….and further north just gets drier and shit…so I dunno

I also dunno anything about eclipse-viewing logistics

OP
rhummer92

rhummer92

Lurker
Current Location
Bay Area, CA
im a little suspicious of anything that offers " travel and accommodation "
Well being an international “global” eclipse festival I would imagine they provide travel packages for thise who can afford.
But personally I won’t be flying there, I see myself hiking there. Possibly start off by sailing south along the Atlantic coast. These are two separate adventures in themselves, activities in which no logistics have been sorted out.

How would you guys prefer to travel there?

roughdraft

Current Location
eastern shore of MD, USA
Well being an international “global” eclipse festival I would imagine they provide travel packages for thise who can afford.
But personally I won’t be flying there, I see myself hiking there. Possibly start off by sailing south along the Atlantic coast. These are two separate adventures in themselves, activities in which no logistics have been sorted out.

How would you guys prefer to travel there?
i may have made the comment with my head partway up my ass - me personally, i'd prolly fly "somewhere" on the continent (Lima, Quito and Bogota typically have the cheapest tickets for North Americans that I myself have witnessed....Montevideo is ironically not one to shake a stick at either! ) months in advance and then hitchhike or take buses orrr a combination of the two, makin stops and doin stuff, meetin folks, and ultimately arriving at the destination (or not, ha ha ha)

However, this is just what I've had experience doing on the continent, and yknow I don't even know much of the beauty of eclipses, I was just attracted to yr thread because of the location.... anyway yr idea of sailing, oof, beautiful and intriguing to put it lightly! I'm young and green and have never done that (outside of optis and lazers as a preteen......)

so uh...wanna be my friend? :-D

MFB

Wayfarer
Current Location
CO
Agree w roughdraft, kind of misleading as its far too north to be considered Patagonia. Name droppin'

I'm more interested in the sailing down.
The logistics on that would be outta my league.
Would you leave from FL?
Are you a masterclass sailer or moneyed enough pay someone?
Sounds amazing but I wouldnt even know where to begin. Thats a looooong way.

OP
rhummer92

rhummer92

Lurker
Current Location
Bay Area, CA
🤦🏻‍♂️ Not like it’s called the Patagonia eclipse or something right. Excuse me for misleading the entire thread based on the title exclusively.

I’m not some master sailor, not some rich cunt with a bag of cash. Get on a boat and whip out your compass

MFB

Wayfarer
Current Location
CO
🤦🏻‍♂️ Not like it’s called the Patagonia eclipse or something right. Excuse me for misleading the entire thread based on the title exclusively.

I’m not some master sailor, not some rich cunt with a bag of cash. Get on a boat and whip out your compass

Im sorry, I meant the ppl running the gathering were misleading, not you.
Saying Neuquen is Patagonia is like saying ya went to the French Alps but just hung out in Paris. Two different things.

And naaaah dood. Takin a boat from Fl to Buenos Aires or close is much more than 'get in a boat w a compass'.
Have you ever been out of the states before?

roughdraft

Current Location
eastern shore of MD, USA
Agree w roughdraft, kind of misleading as its far too north to be considered Patagonia. Name droppin'
thanks, I felt a bit out of pocket, being a douche but it does actually make me suspicious of the integrity of the people running the event…like….."Let's just pull a bunch of people with trendy-buzzwords"…then again I guess one just calls that 'business' ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

gotta go watch this dailey... back in a while...
Reminder: Friday night on Coast to Coast am radio show: Haunted Trains!
Friday - Haunted Trains / Open Lines
Matthew Swayne
There's a meme called SPEED KIRB. You're welcome.
Finally printed up physical copies of my hitchin' story! Cover art by @spiffypairofspoons on instagram. I added some doodles and stuff to help with formatting, and I'll be carrying copies of these when my band goes on tour in the spring!

I can busk on the way, I usually let people staple their money to me with a staple gun, spit fire or perform other masochistic acts for money.
The guide told me to type my interests and shit here, help people get to know me, I made this so i could get help catching a Freight Train to Seattle and get there by the 20th of December, 2019, never hopped a train before, thought it'd be a fun thing to do. I'm tryna get to more punk shows. Actually pretty straight edge, keep my habits to shows and campfires.
lmfao!!! im figuring this desktop thing out way slow... totally different than a mobile. this site makes way more sens to navigate on a desk top... had no clue this was going to pop up on the main lmfao!!!! it does!!! always wonderd why ppl seen my shit that didnt fallow me!!!! im getting it... slowly...
anybody ride form grand junction co to slc lately? whats the ride like rn?
A Jack-of-all-trades, and a master at being MEDIOCRE