the camper bike! | Squat the Planet

the camper bike!

madewithpaint

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
thought some of you would appreciate this..

5_camperbikeinterior.jpg

kevin_cyr

Reactions: KittyCosmos

cranberrydavid

Reaction score
It's a cool camper, but sitting up high on a bicycle just makes it inefficient and sketchy. A head-wind or hill would stop you or take you backwards, and side-wind would send you rolling, and a tailwind or downhill would be fantastic until you tried to stop or or turn, when you'd overpower your brakes and steering, and probably fold your front forks.....it could be pretty ugly. You'd also want motorcycle wheels and tires or they'll fail after a couple of potholes because of the extra weight.

You know, if you're wanting a human powered camper, you could probably move faster and safer by just building a light, low trailer that you can pull behind you.

It would be cool, but I think a tent will always be more practical.

cranberrydavid

Reaction score
Wait... that's a rice bowl, a map of China, and a picture of Chairman Mao on the wall....and that's an old-school bicycle rickshaw frame underneath it all. What's the story on this?

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
i was just about to say something about the good rickshaw. some chinaman rode across china for the 08' olympics while living out of his rickshaw. just tried to find some pictures or a video of the guy, but can't find the same one. i would love to build one though.

Medusa

Reaction score
That looks like a great idea. It just might need some alterations.
My friend talked about how she used to live in a house-bike, but I doubt it was anything as elaborate as this. I really have no idea what hers looked like, though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads