2015 Jamboree StP Dirty Scouts Jamboree; Slab City, CA - Oct 1st-4th 2015

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2015 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Can I just say how awesomely exciting it is to read all of the posts and threads about everyone heading down to the slabs for this?

fuckin a!

I haven't posted in years but I was lurking around here and came across this. Just wondering on the status of the tank there at the slabs. Can hitchhikers still squat in the tank or has it been taken over by home bums that don't let out siders in the tank? Been hitchhiking and train hopping for 8 yrs last time I went to slabs was several years ago for digihitch gathering and everyone stayed in the tank.

as far as i know, the state of damnation tank is unknown. i heard moth got arrested in wisconsin so he's not coming back. i HIGHLY doubt damnation tank is unoccupied. 99% chance a place as nice as that would be taken over by another slabber pretty much immediately. i know if i was there at the time when all this went down i would have swooped down on that in an instant.

in other news, i set out from austin yesterday only to have the starter in my friend's car fail before we even left the city. fortunately, i'd already bought a greyhound ticket before agreeing to travel with my friend in her car, so i'm falling back on that. i'll be in el centro on the morning of the 29th and taking the city bus up to niland.

also, remember that there's a map in the OP of this thread showing how to get to the library:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Nil...c6cd8!2m2!1d-115.5188756!2d33.2400366!1m0!3e2

i'll see you all there in the next few days!

Wawa

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Think I actually might make it to this thing before it's over! I'm in ogden on my way... here's hoping for a lucky sunset stop sorta near Niland.

Last edited by a moderator:

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
How's the slabs treating everyone there at the gathering? Update I'm in Louisiana now, I caught a ride from tampa fl yesterday with a trucker whose going all the way to California. He's going to Sacramento. I'm debating on hitchhiking a ride to slab city or san fransico. I haven't been to slab city in a few years so I'd love to check it out again. Just wondering how the locals are treating y'all? Wheres a good place to camp nowadays? Anyone staying around in the slabs past the gathering? If I go to the slabs I should be there by this upcoming thursday. Never know hitchiking but the trucker gotta be in Reno by Tuesday so I know I'll be out west by monday. Long rambling message I hope to see some of you guys out there. I got plenty of good traveling stories been I. 47 states probably traveled a 100k miles by thumb and freight.

Reactions: tobepxt

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
I had such a good fucking time with folks here. There is still an open welcome to anyone that may show up to the library and wants to take part in what we're doing.The gathering may be over, but the library is my life and it gets busy throughout the winter season and it's great to have a crew/staff to help run things smoothly for everyone. We've got about 10 folks staying around here currently.

Also, I want pictures from the event! I wanna put up a page to display all the cool shit we did and I'm sure that Matt is working on something with his photos

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I had such a good fucking time with folks here. There is still an open welcome to anyone that may show up to the library and wants to take part in what we're doing.The gathering may be over, but the library is my life and it gets busy throughout the winter season and it's great to have a crew/staff to help run things smoothly for everyone. We've got about 10 folks staying around here currently.

Also, I want pictures from the event! I wanna put up a page to display all the cool shit we did and I'm sure that Matt is working on something with his photos
I can guarantee that I'll be back, as soon as I can collect the necessary resources!

I wanna thank you & Caveman for what you're doing; I was utterly blown away by what you guys have done with the place.

I was that kid who never had very many friends when I was young. I was short, unpopular, and homeschooled. My parents taught me to read at a very early age (2 or 3, I think), and I dove headlong into books. ::bookworm::
In fact, the only punishment that my parents KNEW would be effective when I was misbehaving was to threaten and/or follow through with taking my books away for however long I was "grounded".

I really appreciate your efforts, and I cannot adequately express how much I'm looking forward to joining your staff and assisting with those efforts.

Oh, and as far as human beings go, you guys are pretty kickass, if I do say so myself. ::drinkingbuddy::

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads