2015 Jamboree StP Dirty Scouts Jamboree; Slab City, CA - Oct 1st-4th 2015

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2015 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwinks

Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
New here! First post! My friend and I are new to all this, but have been prepping and dreaming of heading out for years now. Finally, we just did it. We're making our way in Northern California, and we are definitely coming to this jam. Frick yea.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
it's going to be pretty far south, and only 3 weeks to go! hope you can make it, it'll be a fun ass party.

Reactions: Pwinks

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Ok, I'm gonna go, fuck my job, what's the closest airport and could anyone pick me up if I cover all the gas?

it depends on where you're flying into? if you're coming into san diego, you might be able to get a ride with @boyofmetal

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Okay folks, we're getting pretty close to the event! Folks should know that the open mic night at The Range is going to be on saturday night, NOT friday!

Also, I gotta admit I'm totally winging the gathering this year, so if anyone has suggestions, let me know! If funds will allow it, I'm thinking about buying about 10 pizzas for folks showing up on the first day, and if anyone has suggestions/preferences for liquor/beer, post them here so i know!

I'm on a slightly more limited budget than previous years, so if anyone can chip in upon showing up (or online via a donation) that would be awesome!

Also, any food suggestions? Let's get this ball rolling...

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
oh, also, depending on how many people we have and how many folks have cars available, I'd like to try and organize some rides out the salton sea, the mud pots, and the glamis sand dunes (it's like the sahara desert, but only 30 miles from the slabs!).

anyone bringing out a vehicle besides @boyofmetal and myself?

D

deleted user

So I've got a vehicle and am gonna be leaving San Diego for the Jamboree Friday October 2nd at around 10pm and leaving the Jamboree at around 3pm on Sunday the 4th headed back to San Diego. If anyone needs a ride in either direction, hit me up.

That's awesome, I see San deago is only like 2 1\2 hours away so if I fly in\out there I'll pay for all the gas. The ride out works perfectly for me, but I wanna see if anyone else is going earlier, on the night of the 30th. If I don't find anything I'll probably ride their with u too

D

deleted user

it depends on where you're flying into? if you're coming into san diego, you might be able to get a ride with @boyofmetal

Been trying to finish a message to him scene this morning, couldn't get a moment in hahah

Anyway pizza sounds good, I'll chip in for some hot dogs(or whatever) and booze. Gonna look at flights, hopefully someone could grab me on the 30th, their will be a happy gas tank in it for whoever can hook me up

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Been trying to finish a message to him scene this morning, couldn't get a moment in hahah

Anyway pizza sounds good, I'll chip in for some hot dogs(or whatever) and booze. Gonna look at flights, hopefully someone could grab me on the 30th, their will be a happy gas tank in it for whoever can hook me up

send him a message, i'm sure he's got room.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I will be

awesome! glad to hear it! so we'll have a few vehicles if folks don't mind using them to check out some of the rad shit in the slab city area...

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
As much as I want to go to Jamboree, it doesn't look like it's in the cards for me this year. I'm trying to move within the next few months so it seems like staying in Seattle and saving up as much money as I can is what I've got to do. Perhaps I'll be able to make it to the next one. I hope everyone has a great time though and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos!

Reactions: Matt Derrick
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I haven't posted in years but I was lurking around here and came across this. Just wondering on the status of the tank there at the slabs. Can hitchhikers still squat in the tank or has it been taken over by home bums that don't let out siders in the tank? Been hitchhiking and train hopping for 8 yrs last time I went to slabs was several years ago for digihitch gathering and everyone stayed in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads