Places You Hate Most | Page 23 | Squat the Planet

Places You Hate Most

Status
Not open for further replies.

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
OK, so I found out about this awesome website called BatchGeo, where you can plot things on your own map straight from a spreadsheet. So for the world to see, here is the STP Hated Places...

http://batchgeo.com/map/77b300e3e64bf960ac39ea0ba45254c5

I hope this link works for everyone, let me know if there is a problem. I can keep adding to it as and when people add to the thread.

And now my geekyness is having a break for Christmas! ;)

bryanpaul

Reaction score
sudlersville MD..... i've been here for over a year.....there is a beer store and some folks to buy heroin from tho

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
OK, so I found out about this awesome website called BatchGeo, where you can plot things on your own map straight from a spreadsheet. So for the world to see, here is the STP Hated Places...

I hope this link works for everyone, let me know if there is a problem. I can keep adding to it as and when people add to the thread.

wow, damn that's pretty neat. I feel like a "places you LOVE most" would be more useful though....

...did someone really mention Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia as their most hated place???

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
out of usa

what about cities out of usa (I d like stp to be more international)? I hate the place where I am right now, Ulan-bator . not worth to stay more than 3 days in here, exept if you really like strip-shows, or if you want to meet stupids travellers. I did not like LaPaz, Bolivia neither, big, polluted and unfriendly, hard to find a place to sleep there, and hard to move out.

yep, Ocanegra is not a fan of mongolia! STP most loved places is phase two I think.

Uncle Mom

Reaction score
Website
www.freedirtfilm.com
I've been down a road,where I've done a lot of stupid ass bullshit,and due to all that,have changed to a better person. Have to call you out on the beating up of people,just to steal from them,not that stealing is a good thing either. Not looking to argue this fact,on bit,so please just take a look at what you said/wrote.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Reactions: urchin and ByronMc

Beegod Santana

Reaction score

Props to Maine! Only state not tagged! But seriously, who said Hawaii was their most hated place?

D

Deleted member 20

I like the idea of this but in using it more in depth for specific traveling info for everyone to use & collaborate on. Its too easy for everyone to just say cities or states suck. I suggested something in the past when we had users displayed on maps. I still think it would be cool to compile all of the detailed traveling information in an online & constantly changing & improving map. It would be nice to give tips about libraries, soup kitchens, shelters, churches, charities, thrift stores that leave huge piles of stuff that hasnt been gone through yet out back, hitchhiking friendly spots,jungles, catchout spots hell even crew change info, stores/restaurants that a friendly to travelers/dogs etc, quality dumpsters, collectives/squats & even fellow STP users who may be able to help out others with a kickdown, couch/floor space or even just a cup of coffee, place to shower & charge a cell phone to regroup. I realize that this would be a massive undertaking with someone needing to take ownership of imputting & moderating the data. Perhaps it could be part of STP or even its own website like couchsurfing. I know that there are plenty of people worried about not blowing up their spots etc & inviting the masses to ruin our special knowledge, but think that networking with like minded peeps would be cool while traveling or while housed up somewhere & returning the favor to others while off the road. How shitty is it being in a place with no clue what resources are available in realtime or in advance. Also I personally like to connect with the road by helping others when possible. I try to help by sharing my food stamps, sharing cheap beer & company with others & passing on suitable gear to those in need (packs,clothes,boots etc) I usually aquire free shit from friends/family, yard sales. craigslist etc to barter with or donate to fellow travelers. Beegood perhaps you could setup a template & get it off the ground, moderate it & then pass it on for another mod or the community as a whole to moderate it collectively using voting or polls as to the validity of specific resources. it would alos be nice to rate ho wtruthfull the poster was regarding the sharing & posting of this info. Probably wishfull thinking again but I dream of the day that myself or others, roll into some strange podunk town or big city & am able to quickly & efficiently network with others. I think of it like the depresion era hobos sharing info via hobo sign in a code for others like them to obtain assistance or avoid trouble. Why have we as a group decided that to protect our way of life we must hoarde information? Share info, share music, share art, share software, share life!

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
Victorville, CA! Was sooooooo horrible and I was stuck there so effin' long that I REFUSE to stop there for any reason from now until....well, forever

madcapcat

Reaction score
Website
www.crimethanks.tumblr.com
Las Vegas is a total shithole...the only saving grace of course being cheap booze which you can purchase at any hour, and nothing ever really closes there. But honestly, don't even bother. I would never return if I didn't have family there.
Also, I had a rather unpleasant experience in Bumfuck, Panama due to the heavily militarized police with machine guns pulling me off of my bus and hauling me down to the station because I didn't participate in their census that day. It doesn't matter if you're just passing through. They take that shit seriously. After that ordeal I tried to hitch on the Pan-American Highway and the only people around for miles were...you guessed it, more cops!

Reactions: barefootinbabylon

DoctorApocalypse

Your friendly neighborhood supervillain
Reaction score
Puerto Rico, if you wanna talk shit hole, yeah it's got beaches and the ocean is the temp of bath water but I've never been shot at so many times anywhere else in my life as I did when I was in PR. Then there's the whole hurricane thing, and fucking plantains/mofongo that they eat with everything. I truly hate that place and will die a happy man if I never have to go back there.

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Victorville, CA! Was sooooooo horrible and I was stuck there so effin' long that I REFUSE to stop there for any reason from now until....well, forever

I grew up in the Victorville area. Victorville was actually where we went to shop, go out to dinner, etc.

For future high desert reference: Victorville is shit; Hesperia is mostly shit; Apple Valley is kinda okay; Adelanto is the highest level of shit; Oak Hills is mostly cool because they just put a brewery in up there; Phelan is shit (check it out at CP Phelan on the UP Mojave Sub); Pinon Hills is either shit or cool, seemingly depending on the day (nothing out here but psycho-right wingers and a bad dive bar, but there's some neat mountains up above all that); Wrightwood is the home of the high desert's petit bourgeious, it's shit; and Barstow really isn't the high desert anymore but the yard is nice, even though the rest of it is shit.

cxR - you can probably catch out of Victorville pretty easy...

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads