places to stash your gear?

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
That is because there is a law against having exposed bedding in places that sell food, libraries, etc. Keeping it inside your pack can be a pain in the ass, but so can keeping it outside.

Reactions: NamelessExistence

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
think of hiding your pack like you would hide drugs from your parents or the cops!

boucaneer

Reaction score
i somtimes hide it in a church graveyard, over here those places are dead. i put my rucksack in a garbage bag and stow it somwhere secret. i even say a little pray over it to have it protected, i just go with my instincts realy.

only realy use quiet church yards realy.

• Haha
Reactions: StephanieB2016

UrbanNokizaru

Reaction score
Website
ninjabikeslut.tumblr.com
A lot of times me and my friends will keep out shit on roofs near where we're going. It's a parkour thing but it really isn't hard since most of the time there is a fire escape with ladders and stairs on a lot of buildings on the side or the back. We do it a lot to avoid paying coat or bag check as well.

BUMJUG

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
get creative yo!!convince some university student to house your shit.....there is always a way to manipulate the urban enviroment too.....pop open a sewer cap and tie yer shit to the metal rod ladder...haha......

Mr. Expendable

Reaction score
I look for an abandoned house that looks like it's been untouched for a long time, then I hide it someplace like the attic or something, Ive also done the pine tree thing which really does work, left my buddys pack there while he was in jail for 3 weeks and came back and it was still there. just be sure to weatherproof it.

Squats like that don't turn up every day those are hard to find... if they did id be living in one right now..... and they usually go to shit after local kids burn it

mbgeorge

Reaction score
just asking customer service if you can leave your bag up front in most stores works, they'll tell you they can't be responsible for it but no ones gonna fuck with it right by the customer service desk i've done this plenty just go back and grab it before the store closes

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
this is of interest to me.
up untill reciently i was alwase with a wheeled gear locker
vans are greast but the sheer volume makes you lazy - why unfuck your house when you can just curtain the fucker?
cars are best cubbify your trunkclothes, bed, spare, tools, toys. stash your blanket/bag quickly after you wake and BOOM! its a car again! then you blend in with the commuters.
but those days are over now i feel and im better off i feel - too much responsibility
so far i have been ok stashing my shit at my camps
though i still lug around a half empty pack casue in addition to my cleanies its got mu laptop till i decide to not need such things anymore

Gypsy Smile

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have a 24-Hour gym Membership That I get for twenty bucks a month! Free Showers! (all come with their own name brand Soap & Shamp & Conditioner for free as well) .They give you towels too dry off with too man! Nothing beats a girl getting refreshed to free showers and smell-good Soaps and What-not. The Lockers all have Combination Locks on them. Sometimes I even crash on the Couch or Benches inside the Ladies Locker Room. Its genious. Not to mention the Dumpster out back has all the "energy bars" and "Vitamin Waters" that their SELL BY date has gone bad and what-not. Damn its a good day to be homeless and Have a Gym membership.!!!!!!!!!!

Chewbacka

Reaction score
I refuse to leave my gear anywhere. Your gear is your responsibility, it's pretty much your home. Even if I walk 10 minutes down the road for something and then come back, I still take my gear with me. IMO, never leave your gear behind. No one wants to baby sit your gear, and it's so easy for someone else to pick it up as a ground score.

Reactions: benton

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
Some shelters/ homeless services places do 'day storage'.
Drop yer bag off am - pick up later.

I used to do it many years ago in SF.
And there is a new thing some places like Seattle and Santa Monica:
Showers & lockers for the homeless.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads