2016 Jamboree - Official 2016 Jamboree Rideshare/Road dog Thread | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree Official 2016 Jamboree Rideshare/Road dog Thread

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
also, if i haven't mentioned it already, @DoctorApocalypse and myself are flying in from seattle and renting a car. so if you can be in san diego on Oct 19th you can ride with us to the slabs.

Hylyx

Reaction score
Anyone wanna ride UP from the Bay to SoCal and then figure it out from there? Or anyone driving from the bay would work too. I have some gas $ and can bring snacks. :)

Reactions: Matt Derrick

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
This is not a commitment, but a possibility..
Leaving SF Bay on 10/20 at ~ 2:00 PM (a commit)

Although i have my small truck, which will be hauling shit, i may use a van, if folks need a ride.
Have to confirm with Odin's Most Blessed & Beloved Valkyrie, Whom Watches Over
The Vikings whom Wander..

but I am sure it's fine..

in any case, we are going down CA 1, out of SF.. 10-20 @ 2:00 pm..
we will hit big sur & overnight on Naciamento Road, most likey, then pick up CA 41, into Paso Robles, very very early on 10-21 & drive like hell down to the slabs..

last year i was able to flex just a little bit more, since i my window was bigger.. this year?
very little room..

who wants to be picked up out of SF, directly, with effectively *zero* schedule flex, on 10-20, after 2:00 pm?

after that, 101 & I-5, then 111, with pickups as we can, along the way..

anyways.. hit me up with definite commits & if we get 4 people or more, total, it'll happen..

Reactions: Rhubarb Dwyer

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@creature , that route you've just described is EERILY similar to the route I'll most likely be taking... ::hungry::

I'm thinking that a small convoy might be in order? ::eyepatch::

Oh, and I *DO* have a van. I've got two riders already (plus the Hellhound), but I can definitely pack more folks in here. PACK 'EM IN LIKE SARDINES, I TELL YA! ::woot::

Reactions: Rhubarb Dwyer

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
creature , that route you've just described is EERILY similar to the route I'll most likely be taking.
Viking! Cool!!..
interesting.. it strikes me that... i have a small truck, possibly enough room for 3 people, sardine style, *but*.. i was thinking of trying to put seats in the back.. just a thought..

--however-- if we were to convoy down, we could throw a lot of the gear in my truck bed & loosen up the interior of your van.. as it stands, we could easily put in about 6 full packs, and if I get a cap or put on cargo rails, that number goes up to perhaps 8, or the equivalent..

Also, as i mentioned.. Naciamento Road.. absolutely gorgeous & safe (assuming it's no longer closed due to last months fires) great place to overnight, and repeated hearsay has it that there is a 30 day stay period, if you ever want to camp..

Tude's coming in on the 20th, so the departure date is fixed, if we do caravan.
Her arrival time is as yet unknown, but dig.. if you & your folks can manage a morning get together, we might be able to get the hell out of the city before the traffic hits.

With your van as another tactical vehicle, it widens the window quite a bit..
in any case, i'm def down to caravan behind you, if the timing works...

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@creature , I like that idea. I'll have my brother and his fiancé with me; they've been tramping around with me for about a month or so, and even though she's not really cut from the same jib as people like you & I, they've both expressed interest in attending the Jambo.

We're heading toward the San Franciscoes right now, cuz my brother secured a few weeks of temp work at a hostel there. They're in a sort of transitional phase, so I have most of their stuff with me right now as well. However, by that time, we'll have figured out a solution for all that, so I should have plenty of space when the time comes.

I'm definitely willing to clown car the FUCK out of my humble pirate ship of a van, if it means we can get more folks down to the slabs. ::eyepatch::

Mongo

Reaction score
Anyone wanna ride UP from the Bay to SoCal and then figure it out from there? Or anyone driving from the bay would work too. I have some gas $ and can bring snacks. :)
I might be able to swoop you up

Reactions: Matt Derrick

TheBarry

Reaction score
Edit: got offered a pretty awesome gig in Idaho, and I'm heading that way this weekend and may miss the jambo...

[I'll be trying to leave Salt Lake City on the 19th. If anyone needs a ride along the way, let me know. Just a heads up though, I won't be returning to salt lake after the Jambo]

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Matt, I'm going to be in San Diego around then. Is there still room in the car to the slabs? I can throw some bucks your way to help pay for it.

we'll only be there in the afternoon and we're driving straight there, so if you want a ride, you gotta be there on the 19th, we're not waiting around :p

send me your contact info

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads