Nicknames, and how you got them

ray beez

Reaction score
mine i got from my roller derby brothers and sistahs!!
we all have to have kind of an alter ego when we have competitions or scrimmages, i am the youngest and smallest on the team, and everyone was trying to come up with an intimidating name, one of the guys said your not very intimidating, you remind me of a teeny tiny little mouse, and before practice he would bother me and make fun of me snacking and say what are you eating sunflower seeds,you are a fucking mouse!! one of my other friends told him to leave me alone imma give him rabies. so they thought that was perfect. my full derby name is baby raybeez #33 still not as intimidating but it fits.
heres some other names of roller guys and girls i think are neat

skankenstien- i was gonna use this but it was already taken by someone in az

trampon- we played against her one time she has a tampon shooter she made out of pvc pipe and shoots tampons into the crowd

cleo torez- this one is from a daycare swindlers song i know. get it clitoris!! lol

tess tickles- one of the girls that used to play with us but she got hurt and doesnt sk8 anymore. one of the guys on our team wants this name haha.

blondie dangerslut- the captain of my team!! antihero roller derby!!

orangina- a red headed girl on the richmond team, her whole thing is she has these giant orange ruffley bloomers under her skirt she flashes at ppl during scrimmages its crazy as hell cause she has to be like in her forties and 5'4 and shes the toughest girl on the team.

M

Mouse

mouse = my step father is very good at giving nicknames to people he likes (note, my brother doesn't have one...hmm?) well, when I was little I used to be really obsessed with Minnie Mouse stuff. my mom dressed me up as the character for halloween one year. the picture was always floating around the house and when my step dad came into the picture he saw it, realized it fit me, and stared calling me Mallory Mouse and he'd sing that mouse club theme song to me with my name in it instead of Mickey.

after getting older i started to hate it as most kids would. but then I started traveling. i used to wear duck diaper pins on my clothes and ended up getting them tatted on my neck so I kinda gave myself the name Ducky becasue it fit and i knew people would remember me by that because of the tatts. But then I got really bored with that cuz I didn't personally identify with it and it wouldn't really stick cuz i guess people could tell. So i started going by Mouse and it sticks hardcore cuz it's like my second name from childhood and no matter where i go I can take at least that small part of home with me.

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
l.c. is short for lawnchair. short version i got into a fight at a party an beat someone with a lawnchair. i fucking hated the name,so people called me it even more. now that i'm back home i ran into 2 friends from highschool who still know me by that 14 yrs later.
when i was locked up in gun club in wpb.fl the trays were small as fuck. so i would ask everyone for there mashed potatoes, and i was skinny as hell.[too much partyinng not enough eating] so they called me potatoe slim.

i was called ellis as in ellis island because i was doing whippits, and smoking with some friends i passed out. i felt i was going down and the only thing i could grab on to was a candle. as my knees buckled i guess i held that candle high and proud. i think they called me ellis cause the statue of liberty is too long.

middle school my name was footstink my buudies were shitface and rapescene.the first 2 are self explainatory.the other, we called him that cause he got so frustrated cause he couldn't get laid. we figured he would then lose it someday and cause a rapescene.

steelcitybrew

Reaction score
Back in the day I used to drink alot and get very stumbly and sloppy when I drank. Someone called me pisstank and it stuck. I fuckin hated that nickname, nowadays no one really calls me that except my close friends who were around when the nickname was dubbed. I dont really have any other nicknames these days.

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Second star to the right and straight on till morn
Website
myspace.com
Mischief: I was hanging out in Corona, CA drinking at this park with some randoms before a show at the Showcase. I had a pocket full of firecrackers and a slingshot. While drinking I shot fireworks off at cars passing by. A couple of them started calling me Mischief, and it kind of stuck around with me and my friends. Now-a-days I might introduce myself as Matty Mischief.

HAM: There was frost on the outside windows of the car as my girlfriend at the time is fueling the car, writes MATT with a heart around it, but to me it looked backwards. I asked, "Ham?" and the rest of the kids started to laugh and called me Ham for the rest of the trip.

Clancy: When I was 15 and first traveling, hitching to punk shows around the state of Montana. People started calling me Clancy being it was the small redneck down I was from.

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
My last name starts with a D, so I am of course Mr.D
Do not quite remember how it came to be my nickname tho.
Had it since I was a kid, 10-11 or so,
I remember my parents even put it on my birthday cake one year!
Generally I just introduce my self as "D" tho, far simpler.

joemojave

Reaction score
Fire Hydrant: Because I ran into a fire hydrant in XC and flipped, rolled, and kept running without missing a beat. At least thats how the story goes when I tell it.

nickt29

Reaction score
Tallcan- my last name sounds just like tallcan so that caught on last summer for obvious reasons.

or my "formal nickname" is Brick Tallcan obviously because brick rhymes with Nick, duhh. during a phase of heavy drinking in the past, i was known to often collect bricks or rocks from around where ever i was in preparation for some event in which my drunken mind thought that they would be needed. but they were rarely ever used, i would just drunkenly hold on to them, "just in case". thank god im out of that fucking phase of being a completely blacked out wastoid all the time, but the name has still stuck none the less

FinnFiasco

Reaction score
Finn- My last name is Finigan, so it just got abbreviated.

Fiasco- I got this name after a summer of being madly drunk, and every morning waking up what had happened to the house. Whenever I asked my roommate, he would just shake his head, and mutter, " It was a fucking fiasco...". I started yelling about it when we were drunk, and it just stuck with the crew we had around.

Fatbacksack

Reaction score
Fatbacksack- my pack used to top out at 50+ lbs. ive lightened it since but the name stuck
Dirty Soap- cuz even though i live a dirty life i still like to shower
Nice Guy Eddie- an old friend of mine by the name of Crispy just randomly called me that one day, and thereafter, while sittin on a bench in town (white plains NY)

... word.

goggles

Reaction score
Website
www.thetransitsite.cwahi.net
Goggles - Cause of what I wear on top of my head. I don't have a better picture except for on facebook. Its a birthday gift from family overseas. And someone started calling me it last year. So the name stuck and I was quite fond of it, even though my folks still question the other family members as to why it was sent.

-Goggles

CanoeTramp

Reaction score
Biscuit - given to me buy my girlfriend because I hate to shave, - Whisker Biscuit shortened to Biscuit. I usally get call Biscuit when I'm looking a little scraggly.

EastCoast315

Reaction score
, but it was when I was sXe...

If you aren't now you never were
:D

They called me Beaver back when I wore my fur hat EVERYWHERE. Wore that thing to fucking funerals even
Lately people've called me "scout" because when walking in a group I walk faster than everyone else, becoming the scout for the group.
And "fiend" because I drink so much damn coffee....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads