Nicknames, and how you got them

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
haha like i said before i realy like that name haha i'm so fucking lame because of how much i wish it was mine.

Supertramp

Reaction score
so i got
Earl - A guy who's giving me a tattoo soon, who i met by chance when i became best of friends with a kid who lets me surf his couch often, kept forgetting my real name, Nigel, so he named me Earl
Supertramp - We were reading "Into The Wild" in English class, and some smartass announced that i was Alexander Supertramp, so for a while, i was known as Supertramp at my school

Beer Mortal

Reaction score
For the past few months Ive been called Two-Tone by almost anyone I meet or close friends. Because of my half half hair obviously.
Before that it was just cammy, short for carmen.
Im kinda used to twotone hahaha

N

NickCofphee

Me and my friends had this notebook of weird creatures and characters in 8th grade. "Deranged Nick Cofphee" was one I drew. He had bloodshot eyes and a Mr. Coffee maker for a hand.

Beer Mortal

Reaction score
to update my last post, I guess My friends have decided on calling me crypt-tone
because of my interests in cryptids and mostly my half half hair.
I like that much bettert han two tone, it sparks many jokes
:D

moe

Reaction score
it's lame how i never really got a nickname that just stuck to me by people u know.
=[
it's just mony.
take away the ika, add a y, that's why.=p

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
grasshopper after the tv show Kung Fu, partly given to me purposely that i'd call our boss "master"
johhnny flash- i used to be pretty fast walker
red blaze- ripped my arms up climbing an overhang in front of a lot of people on the AT and left a trail of "redblazes"
stringbean- my mom's probably would have named me this if not for my dad
monster- my sister in law calls me this for eating so much and lifting heavy shit
Murt because i mumbled really badly on my first day of work- actually most of my first season- on TFC- and that's the one that really stuck so i kept the monicker for hoboin

Bugg(A)

Reaction score
I have been called Bugga for like 8 years due to my incessant bugging of other riders about information when I first started riding. I have been riding under Bugga ever since.

incendiary

Reaction score
I don't really have a specific nickname, but I've been referred to as 'girl with the samosas', rob and lasagna (the latter two for no apparent reason).

JahDucky

Reaction score
Ah! I am in love with all these little doo-deeleys about your nicknames. I love hearing about nicknames!

Mine, Ducky, came from myself at first. I love rubber ducks sew sew very much. And I moved somewhere and started meeting people off of myspace...default name "Ducky" and everyone called me Ducky...or Emily(names not Em but I liked it). After a while it grew on me. I am everything a rubber duck should be...Im fun and cute(now im just being into myself:)) and I love hangin out in the water...specialy the bathroom area..Oh how I love tubs!!!! And just like a rubber duck i tend to annoy after a wee bit of talking. ah well.

Joe Btfsplk

Reaction score
Had to have a tire changed in California.

Good service. The guy was Hispanic. I could not understand a word he said.

He asked me, "You Pakistan?"

I just looked at him. He asked, "Pakistan?"

Packers fan. I had Wisconsin plates. Was I a Packers fan?

My nick is Stan, short for the Pakii name. "How you doing, thank you very much."

I am anglo, I just laugh about Stan.

shua

Reaction score
awesome.
i love how everyone on this site has a badass story of how they got there nick names :]

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
mine came from way back in the day (1999) when i lived in van nuys, ca. when i first moved from idaho to los angeles and didn't know shit about anything, i became really good friends with this couple called Sid and Barbie. We got along really well, and i got an apartment and let them move in, with the promise they would get jobs and help me out. anyways, after 3 months and many many ridiculous parties, they still hadn't gotten jobs and i finally lost it and kicked them out. they came back a week later and broke into my apartment and stole everything i had, including my checkbook! they ended up writing a bunch of bad checks and i couldn't pay rent, so i got evicted.

i left los angeles for a few months after that, feeling really angry about life, and the ideals of "punk rock" and (what my conception of which was at the time) anarchy. so like i said i was really angry a lot of the time about how no one really cared about their ideals and they were all just a bunch of fashion punks. and i drank a LOT. so my name came mostly from being angry and being drunk (the UK english slang for drunk = pist).

it's kinda ironic nowadays, as im an extremely nice/laid back guy, and you REALLY have to push my buttons to piss me off. it's generally pretty hard to make me mad. also, im not nearly as bad of a drunk as i used to be. i would like to have a new name honestly, but at this point everyone knows me by it, so it's kinda hard to escape :)

Poe Boy

Reaction score
Poe Boy Roy -- cuz I used to walk around with this torn up raggedy old book of Edgar Allen Poe stories. Only a poor boy would own such a ratted out book. So in a play on words and my name, Poe Boy Roy was born.

Wut -- because I did a lot of fucked up shit and the first words out of people's mouths when they saw me was "What the fuck?" Like the time a security guard (off duty) was called to an apartment complex we were partying at because someone FIVE MILES down the road complained about the noise. Well, this party spanned 3 apartments. I was drinking beeer all night and desperately had to piss. So I was going from apartment to apartment to try and find a bathroom that wasn't occupied. Well, apparently, he went into the first apt while I was coming out of the last. I had to go so bad, I just went to the veranda (2nd floor) and started pissing. he comes out and screams "What the fuck!?!" Seems, if I had looked down, I'd have seen I was pissing in his convertible parked below. . .

Mick -- named after Micheal J. "Crocodile" Dundee. Who was popular when I was using my Australian gig to hitch. Told people my name was "Mick", LOL.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads