Nicknames, and how you got them

stove

Reaction score
Hmm, I was thinkin this over with my brother the other day, and I realized I've got a few funny ones. Anyone else?

Stove- I taught a bunch of euro HHer how to build simple alky stoves at a gathering in Paris
GunKid- Hung a .223 target outside my door Freshman year of Uni to discourage thieves. Worked.
Muncheechee- Reminded a counselor of her stuffed monkey at summer camp. I might have been 10. My brother still uses this
Lips- Coach couldn't pronounce my last name (Contrary to any sexual innuendo)
Knife- Always carried one. Always do.
Ghost- Used to be pretty good at sneaking up on people. In locked rooms. From across town.
God- Uhh, I'm immortal. Many have tried to disprove this, none have succeeded. Blame Kai.
Frodo- Used to walk around in shorts & tshirt (barefoot). Year round. Upstate NY. In the snow.
Statutory Ape (Ape for short)- Don't honestly remember, but it was when I was sXe...
And, of course, Matt. :cheers:

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
uhhh okay

Ravie- My best friend named me ravie because i think raves are dumb so it was supposed to be ironic and i guess it stuck.

BLARG-went to a show and got so wasted i thought i was going to die. puked and dry heaved so bad for 3 hours that apparently it sounded like "blarg" when i puked.

The Wind- uhhh well thats just something i started when i was stoned. Im the wind and I kick ass.

"hey you"- what people call me after a night of drinking lol

kare-bear- childhood name lol

eatmonksus

Reaction score
-eyebrows, i used to shave them off, so no one could read me
- GG Logan- i LOVE GG, not sure where Logan came from.
- skunk, i tend to not shower...

Shoestring

Professional Hobo
Banned
Reaction score
Rolling, empty boxcars to Sioux Falls, South Dakot
Website
www.youtube.com
"Shoestring" given to me by my hobo father "Doc".
Mel McDaniel country singer sang a song called "Shoestring". About a hobo that lived down by the railroad tracks.
"Doc" was given to my father by "his" father being he was a doctor in the 1910's & 1920's. Paw-Paw "Doc Parker" was his name.......
Even "HE" rode freight trains, so you can see why real, true hobo-life has stuck in my family for three generations! (Real hobo-lifestyle that is)! "Doc Parker", (my grandpappy) killed himself by letting a train run him over at the end of his hobo career!

Speedy

Reaction score
Speedy was kind of an accident. everyone used to call me chops cause I used to have these really awful sideburns. One day when me and my girl were in north carolina a couple kids came up to talk to us. One of the guys asks me my name and before I can answer, my girl yells out SPEEDY! She burst out laughing while im trying to tell them all tough that everybody calls me chops. Ended up hooking up with those kids for a minute and they thought it was so fucking funny that they started calling me speedy, and whenever anyone else asked who I was they would yell out Speedy before I had time to answer. Still dont know why she blurted out speedy, but it sounds like im not the only one to get a random name.

Shoestring

Professional Hobo
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
There was a guy in my high school that had tremendously large/long sideburns and eveybody picked on this guy though! They'd stick a sign on his back, & the favorite one of everybody's was "Sideburn jobs only $2.00. Imply to the front"! And this was when sideburns were just out, and razor-sides were in-big time is why I guess they picked on him about it? I had burns for a while, they just don't look right on me. Some people look good with them, I guess it's what shape head you have??? Like how a person looks nice with a ball-cap vs. another person wearing a cowboy hat.......

Speedy was kind of an accident. everyone used to call me chops cause I used to have these really awful sideburns. One day when me and my girl were in north carolina a couple kids came up to talk to us. One of the guys asks me my name and before I can answer, my girl yells out SPEEDY! She burst out laughing while im trying to tell them all tough that everybody calls me chops. Ended up hooking up with those kids for a minute and they thought it was so fucking funny that they started calling me speedy, and whenever anyone else asked who I was they would yell out Speedy before I had time to answer. Still dont know why she blurted out speedy, but it sounds like im not the only one to get a random name.

Shoestring

Professional Hobo
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Don't know about "Aglet" though?.....Sounds like what you'd call a small farm/feed supply store.....haha! ("Dmac66" does like it though)......[quote=ArrowInOre;34781]dmac has dubbed my kid 'Bolt'. From what he said a 'bolt is the tiny arrows that you use in a smaller crossbow. ' Cute huh...Like the Aglet on a shoestring, Oh funny stuff...funny stuff[/quote]

Komjaunimas

Reaction score
My original nickname is Komjaunimas, translated from Lithuanian it would [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komsomol[/ame]be] because i had to learn few pages for history class about communism and i learnt too much, it had nothing to do with what i became now. But later my ideology evolved into a red punk and i addopted this nickname, due to the fact that it's quite long, friends and other people often use shortened version Komnis (a human in coma [ alcoholic coma in this particular situation ] ) or just Koma ( coma [ also in alcoholic terms ] )

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
lets see...

ASSHOLE-given to me by pretty much all the females while working in yosemite park because I wouldnt give any of them time of day I just wanted to save up and get out

CAPTAIN AHAB-I love drinkin captain morgan..no clue where ahab comes into play...mby dick maybe dunno what it has to do with me

MITTONZ-my official pet name given to me by my girlfriend her whole family calls me it now

Stinky cheeseman..name of a book, cheeseman's my last name, and well I stink

stove

Reaction score
One more for me I forgot about:

Gourmando. I worked at a computer shop, we would always order out, and about half the time, someone else would walk away with the order for "Matt." I've never lost an order for "Gourmando", though I've had questions as to the spelling occasionally.

bote

Reaction score
I caught a freighter across the Atlantic and when I got back, I went to the FTAA protests. I needed an alias for super-secret stuff, like yelling "A qui les rues? A nous les rues!" and my friend started calling me Boat. I wrote some articles and I thought Bote looked like a name, could be Burmese or something?

shua

Reaction score
I was really baked and taking about how people only shorten the first part of there name and rarely the last part, my name being joshua ended up with shua. All my friends ive known since i was a little shit head kid (still am but now im bigger :p) still call me it.

D

dirty_feet

I like to bite my toenails and spit them across the way, and as a kid I was always chewing on my toes and biting the skin off and what not - my sister was absolutely disgusted by it and was always yelling about how I had dirty, filthy feet, every now and then she would call me dirty feet. Then I got a tattoo on my foot that says "Clean kids get sick and DIE" and so I found it justified to give into the nickname at that point. When I hiked the AT it became Durrday Feet - due to the accent in the south, and at most times - just, simply, - Dirty - and I love it.

ReturnTrip

Reaction score
Me, My name is Timm Sparks- Its my real name and people are having trouble finding me an actual name thats better than my real one.

my bassist, Stabby- We called him it after he bought a brand new knife. He would stay how much he wanted to use it and such and we told him someone was going to get stabbed by him one day. So his name became stabby. Then later that SAME day, he was carving something in a log on Cape Cod and my drummer tried to put sand down his pants and Stabby went "stoopp goddammit" and forgot the knife was in his hand and swung back and actually stabbed him. we couldnt play a show that night.

my guitarist, chup- he hates ketchup and we would bother him to no fucking end asking why he didnt like it..and he would actually get mad to the point that he was going to punch someone in the face. so the name stuck

Nym

Reaction score
Nym= short for Nymphetamine Girl= mean Overdose Girl

I used to be a real bad Junkie and overdosed quite a bit, so my cousin showed me the song Nymphetamine Girl by Cradle of Filth and said the song reminded him of me and how im always fucking myself up. It made me feel hurt to hear that because the song was about some chick dying. SO, Im now clean after a 4 year addiction

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads