Like A Boss
Reaction score
Four Loko Ice Cream Float???

86XvjDIr-TQ&t=1&usg=__nBPaEpFU310gtUk_d44Qu9zrciA=.jpg

bryanpaul

Reaction score

Justin

Reaction score
I like the orange. Haven't been able to find it in my area for quite some time until just the other day. I remember smelling the slam in poured and thinking 'it all goes downhill from here..". Mission blackout accomplished.

AnthraxMatt

Reaction score
it does taste like shit so i get a 40 of bud ice drink it down a little then put fruit punch 4loko in it, mmm sidewalk slammer. but thats only when i dont get much kickdown, ill stick to bourbon thank you!

tylis durden

Reaction score
Tried the Blue Rasberry the other day, thats my favorite so far! I better stock up, the company just agreed wtih the nazis at the State Liquor Authority to stop shipments to New York State. bummer.

whaleofashrimp

Reaction score
new york bans 4lo...in other news..prohibitionists suck cox

Four Loko Banned in New York - New York News - Runnin' Scared

It was too good to be true. We warned you last weekend that Four Loko, the $3 canned, caffeinated beverage that equals something like six beers and a cup of coffee, was in danger of being banned by the state of New York. Just yesterday we had some indication that Senator Chuck Schumer was not kidding around, and was prepared to go around FDA approval for the drink in order to make sure no one in New York is having any fun. Today, it's looking like a done deal: Four Loko will not be delivered to New York retailers after December 10.

According to the New York Daily News, the State Liquor Authority has strong-armed beer distributors into stopping shipment after November 19, putting the last deliveries to your favorite bodega in early December.

The dual agreements will allow the SLA to fine any shop owners found to be selling Four Loko without proof it was ordered by the deadline, authorities said.

"I hope this will end the sale of this product in the state," said SLA Chairman Dennis Rosen.

Senator Schumer said this was "a giant step forward in keeping our kids safe from these toxic and dangerous brews," but wait until he hears about Bud Light Lime.

The Four Loko company can't really argue. "We think it shows that we are not turning a deaf ear to what's going on: that a select few have chosen to abuse our products, drink them while underage or break the law and sell them to minors," said Jaisen Freeman, the co-founder of Phusion Projects, which produces the drink.

Save your quarters and stock up now.

Beer distributors, Four Loko manufacturer, will halt shipping of caffeinated, alcoholic drink to NY [NYDN]

if anyone here lives in new jersey you could make a penny going over the border to hustle this stuff
many people drink it cause its cheap
I drink it because i enjoy it
if i won the lotto id still be chugging 4 lo with my popeyes chicken

this shits getting out of hand 4los being treated like the new absynth..theres nothing inheritly toxic about it...its so good though that u could drink to much before the alcohol kicks in

This is why even though it will "help" me im suspecious of the welfare state
true i get food stamps
and could use healthcare..but when u absolve yourself of responseibilty of certain issues then whatever fills the void has the right to curb ur behavior
if people r going to demand healthcare from the state
then the state has a resonable right to tell u what to put in ur body

i dont like this
people want to have there cake and eat it to

whaleofashrimp

Reaction score

more eloquintly put here then i could put it Blame yourselves, not Four Loko - Opinion

......btw...working on my 3rd 4lo now...feel fine

By now, most followers of national college news have heard the most recent moral outrage: the alcoholic beverage "Four Loko." Tales abound of college women passing out as if "roofied" at Central Washington, and campus bans are rumored around the country. Since I have never heard a good thing resulting from the consumption of a full 23-ounce can of the stuff, I do not endorse the consumption of this beverage by anyone of any age. However, banning Four Loko (whether by the state or by colleges) is not the answer to students' irresponsibility.

The beverage is a mixture of malt liquor, artificial flavors, taurine, caffeine, and guarana. Four Loko contains 12.5% alcohol by volume, making it about as strong as chardonnay (13%). College administrators and public health advocates fear that the strength of the beverage combined with flavors that mask the taste of ethanol and stimulants that may make it more difficult to pass out after consuming excessive quantities will encourage dangerous consumption.

The problem with this reasoning is that all the issues with Four Loko are present in long-standing alcoholic beverages. Sweet fortified wines such as port already provide high alcohol concentrations in a fruit-flavored drink. Mixed drinks (from the classic rum-and-coke to the "Jaegerbomb" popularized by the "guido" subculture) contain stimulants in addition to alcohol. Also, anyone who has had a Long Island Iced Tea knows that a very strong drink can have the flavor of ethanol masked.

If Four Loko is to be banned, all alcoholic beverages are under threat from the neo-Prohibitionists. The administrative overreaction at Central Washington and other campuses does not excuse the irresponsible behavior consumption of Four Loko seems to encourage. It is certainly idiotic to mix liquor (40% ABV) with the wine-strength Four Loko as has been alleged occurred at Central Washington.

That said, any alcoholic beverage can be used, and worringly often is used, irresponsibly. This is not confined to any particular marketing campaign, but rather a culture of irresponsible drinking that arises on college campuses. "Drink responsibly" is a trite phrase, but students must resist the temptation to put themselves in harm's way by having "one too many," whether it is one too many Four Lokos or one too many light beers.

It is easy to ban all use of a beverage when it is used irresponsibly. It is more difficult to create a culture of responsible alcohol use. Even if it may be optimal in a perfect world to ban all alcohol consumption, alcohol use is a part of human social conduct and has been for millenia.

Just as the human species survived the invention of distillation, so also it will survive Four Loko. All that that will take is the members of that species using their brains to practice safe consumption. Teaching them to do that is difficult, but must be a priority for public health officials who want effective solutions to unsafe drinking behavior. Prohibition solved nothing. So also will a Four Loko ban solve nothing. It is time to educate legal college-age drinkers, not cut their choices.

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score

As much as I hate Four Loko and think it should be destroyed, I want it destroyed because people have enough class and common sense to stop drinking it.

Unfortunately, that won't happen. If people want to drink that shit, let them. Just don't get pissed off if I kick you in the face when you've drank too much of it at the catch out spot and start making a big scene.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov

@ conner:
Don't be surprised if I take your foot, start chewing on it and take sizable bites of toenail while it's at my face.
That caffeinated alcohol totally gives me the munchies, man.

BelCh

Reaction score

four-loko.jpg

Nice photo Journalism ... wonder what those chicks did in that hotel room that night/
anyway, thanks for the post.
One more reason not to go back to ny ....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads