Black Death Allstars
Abandon Ship!
Mischief Brew
Andrew Jackson Jihad
Mutiny
Strawfoot
Dandelion Junk Queens
Day's n Daze
I don't care if other people think they suck but I love Wingnut Dishwashers Union and some Johnny Hobo (though it gets annoying)
Slug's Revenge is a good one
I really like The Anorexic Olsen Twin but some people can't stand them because of Chris Burrows voice, but if you like it you'll like Asking For It
The Curse Is Cast is a lot like Blackbird Raum if you like them
Evan Greer
Jonny Nothings
Little Ghostthings
The Pasties
Paul Baribeau
Robert Blake is awesome (I'm not sure but he may be a member of Mischief Brew)
Saw Wheel
Simple to Remember
This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb
Tiny Letters
Tom Frampton
Ursula
Whiskey Smile

Not really punk, but fuckin' good folk:
Jeffrey Lewis
The Devil Makes Three
The .357 String Band
2nd Street Rag Stompers
World Inferno Friendship Society (gypsy tunes)
The Can Kickers are amusing.

I hate Ghost Mice, MANTITS, and Tin Tree Factory shit like that because it's annoying and the lyrics are dumb as all hell. The singers are nasally and I just can't stand to hear it, but that might just be me.

coolguyeagle76'

Reaction score
I really like The Anorexic Olsen Twin but some people can't stand them because of Chris Burrows voice, but if you like it you'll like Asking For It

as far as the anorexic olson twin goes, its like the kid listened obsessively to johnnyhobo but never had any life experiences of his own so the music is really beautiful but his lyrics and voice are that of a five year old just less creative without reference to rad shit like naps and cookies.

Maxx

Reaction score
i dont think any of these have been posted yet?

daper cadavers
SLOW TEETH!!!!!
brenna sahatjian
hurray for the riff raff
darkdarkdark
ghost town rejects
the music box
molotov folktale

FawnDroke

Reaction score
i dont think any of these have been posted yet?

daper cadavers
SLOW TEETH!!!!!
brenna sahatjian
hurray for the riff raff
darkdarkdark
ghost town rejects
the music box
molotov folktale

Hurray For The Riff Raff is so fuckin' good!! I love that band.

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
the dreadnoughts, ursula, the rough sea, bad uncle, the unsettlers, jeff andrew, dispite all this, fairy boy and the official suckers, faceplanet, steve believe, tempest, squalor, cap`n cop$, the cracker cats, and much more are all from canada!
those are my friends or some just fucking sweet ass bands i can think of. i love folk punk, pop punk and country. these kinds of music tend to over lap a little. you can find most of these bands on myspace or youtube.

sons of vipers

Reaction score
my faves... Blackbird Raum, AJJ, Hail Seizures, Wingnut Dishwasher's Union/Johnny Hobo, Defiance Ohio, Mischief Brew, The Homeless Gospel Choir, Destroy Nate Allen, Ghost Mice, Brook Pridemore

Wolf

Reaction score
There is this band New York Taxi, really nice guys and great music.

I play some stuff too: Wolf | Madera, CA | Folk / Punk / Anarcho | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation but I'm not sure how much longer I will be playing.

Jessie Williams is absolutely amazing.

Nora & Gnoll are amazing too, and beautiful people.

I can't think of anyone else off the spot, one that has something to do with pirates but I don't remember the name.

If you run out of bands, pick up a guitar, a piano, something, and sing along. You get an ever changing band, that is all yours.

Nelco

Reaction score
All i can say is the fucking Dreadnoughts from vancouver canada

That is a pretty damn good song, but to hear the best of them you will really have to buy/download their albums. Go on their myspace for more aswell.

This is so good.

Nelco

Reaction score

plagueship

Reaction score
actually sorry to just kind of be snide, here's an example of what i mean: check out black ox orkestar, it's members of godspeed and silver mt zion playing covers and variations on traditional klezmer and eastern european music and poetry, with their own dark , beautiful and anarchistic take on it. another example i guess would be blackbird raum or some of the lesser known bands from that scene like matador and the curse is cast. or like, the pogues even, or bread and roses from boston.

you know... not just cheesy pop punk played on acoustic guitars... but something with a heavier influence from actual folk traditions, whether in style, instrumentation or both.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads