Dreams dreams dreams

ashley

Reaction score
So, I'm starting a zine that is a collection of people's dreams.

SO TELL ME YOURS! haha.

last night ihad a dream myteeth fell out.

wartomods

Reaction score
i forget all my dreams after a week or so, i had some real weird amazing dreams.
If i dream something tonight i will tell you

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
I've been really into lucid-dreaming and astral projection for the past couple years.

If you're interested in the astral realm of dreams (calm down, atheists. its not all crazy buddhism and native-american folk-ritual), I can shoot over some of my projections in the dreamstate. Hit up wiki if you have no idea what I'm talking about haha

SDBoojum

Reaction score
man i've been trying to project for a few years now and it never works out. i think it's because i hate sleeping on my back i'm not too sure though.

and

last night i had a crazy dream that i was in some marshes in florida with a bunch of other people and we were all naked like it was adam and eve times, but it was creepy because we kept finding astronaut suits with deformed corpses inside of them in the waters. Eventually two purple aliens with really big heads, and very small bodies picked me up and as we flew higher into the air time progressed faster by the moment, and i saw a small community grow into a metropolis and breakdown as civilization collapsed over a period of several hundred years. Oh yeah, and the sky is purple in the future, just in case you were wondering.

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I have a few recurring dreams that border on the edge of nightmare. I can't remember them, though. I just wake up with a distinct feeling that I can't really describe, and it typically lasts through the entire day, or at least the first half of it. They aren't quite "big dreams", but they do have a certain emotional effect.

A recent, train-related dream I had: I was in some mysterious yard with nameless acquaintances and we jumped in a fully furnished boxcar. Interior lights, carpet, some sofas, and a television. And we all just got in and sat down, as if it all boxcars were like that, and then my alarm went off and it was back to reality for me.

Another dream I had, a few months ago, that's stood out in my memory: My family and some people I didn't recognize, but just felt that I had known for all of my life, were being held hostage in our own home by a group of criminals. Their motives were never discussed; all I know is that the entire dream was drenched in sadness. At some point, they began leading people out to the garage to execute them. This carried on for a few moments until it was my turn. When I got out to the garage, however, I found a knife, or perhaps suddenly realized I had had one the entire time, and drove it into the bald head of my would-be executor over and over again. And then the dream was over.

Most exhausting dream ever (occurred when I was probably 8 years old): It started off with a bad dream, though I can't remember what, exactly. Anyway, I woke up from the bad dream and walked to my parents room. But the second I opened the door, reality dissolved into dream and I found myself flying across the world at light speed, ultimately landing back in my bed. I assumed that the dream was over, so I got up and went to my parents room - only for it to happen again. This went on for three or four trips around the world before I forcibly woke myself up.

Rash L

Reaction score
last night I had a dream where I was extremely falling-down drunk and wandering up and down pacific coast highway, running into prostitutes, lesbians, and nudists. Then I hitched a ride with some lady who had a bus, but then she expected me to pay her $80 to get OFF the bus, so I shit in the back of this bus.

This dream was not as weird as most of my dreams... and I almost always remember them. Maybe I can deliver something better up tomorrow, because its definitely bedtime.

ashley

Reaction score
I have a few recurring dreams that border on the edge of nightmare. I can't remember them, though. I just wake up with a distinct feeling that I can't really describe, and it typically lasts through the entire day, or at least the first half of it. They aren't quite "big dreams", but they do have a certain emotional effect.

A recent, train-related dream I had: I was in some mysterious yard with nameless acquaintances and we jumped in a fully furnished boxcar. Interior lights, carpet, some sofas, and a television. And we all just got in and sat down, as if it all boxcars were like that, and then my alarm went off and it was back to reality for me.

QUOTE]
haah thats awesome! It would be pretty gnarly if all of the boxcars had sofas and carpet

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
While I was squatting... okay, like last year, I dreamt that I'd woken up and got out of my tent only to find that there was snow all over and my tent was set really close to the edge of a cliff. My foot slipped and I slid towards the edge, so I clawed into the snow to stop myself with my legs dangling off the cliff. Then I thought to myself, this is the dumbest place to set a tent. Ever. I thought about it some more and asked myself why I'd ever do that. Who is this fooling? I wouldn't set my tent next to a cliff... This is the dumbest dream ever, I want my money back.

Then I woke up, not next to a cliff.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
I am really into lucid dreaming actually, have been for quite a while. and It takes time, but you can get control over your dreams. Not complete control however, Ive never heard of someone gaining 100% control over their dreams...as for your teeth thing that represents a variety of things from fear of change...which I don't think is your case ha ha, from ashamed for spilling secrets or fear of abandonment. Its actually a very common dream to have,it represents a drastic change in dome form or another. Like losing your teeth as a child and getting your adult teeth represents becoming mature/adult..dreaming something like that could represent a big change about to happen.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
I am really into lucid dreaming actually, have been for quite a while. and It takes time, but you can get control over your dreams. Not complete control however, Ive never heard of someone gaining 100% control over their dreams

dreams = watching a movie in yer head
lucid dreams = playing a video game in yer head
astral projection = writing and starring in your own mental video game

look into it. it'll give you that 100% control

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
dreams = watching a movie in yer head
lucid dreams = playing a video game in yer head
astral projection = writing and starring in your own mental video game

look into it. it'll give you that 100% control

Ive been doin it steady..even keep a log of my dreams when I wake up because it def helps and I have yet to. I suppose it takes time and a lot of concentration. but I still havent heard of anyone takin that 100% though. If ya find anything let me know, I'd be very interested to read that yo!

Rash L

Reaction score
so... some recurring themes in my dreams (ooh that rhymed!):

-- "home" is always the house I grew up in (that my dad owns) but I havent lived there in 20 years, in my dreams its always home.

-- I frequently dream I am still in school. Whether its having to go to high school classes and not remembering where they are because I've missed so many classes (10 years worth), living in a dorm, or being on a field trip with some kind of class... this is a common thing for my dreams, and I'm sure it probably has something to do with either my dropping out so many times, or my social anxiety.

-- Being so intoxicated (or ill?) that my body doesnt listen to my mind, I cant see straight, and sometimes talk gibberish. I usually get very frustrated in these dreams and I am not happy at all with this dream-state intoxication.

--Organization and losing personal possessions. I am always checking and re-checking what I am carrying, whether its in my arms (in these dreams I tend to have to carry arm-loads of things, which I will usually drop and then have to go find) or in my pack. These dreams are also very annoying and cause frustration.

-- Recently I have been having dreams that feature my ex BF and first road dog from 10 years ago. We are still friendly after all these years (he still comes and visits on the holidays when he is in town), but its only recently that he has been showing up in my dreams a few nights a week, and in a sexual manner. This doesnt happen with any of my other ex BFs, and in a waking/reasonable state of mind I no longer have these feelings.

Last night my dream focused around my carrying the armful of things that I had to bring to someone else, but I kept dropping them. I was having to follow these people over rocks and rivers and streams and through a rain forest after wandering through some mexican city.... NO clue where I was going, I just know that every half mile or so I would realize I dropped or forgot something important (my journal, or my cellphone, or my cigs, or even once my bedroll) and had to go back and start all over again.

bote

Reaction score
last night I dreamed I was with my girlfriend (now ex girlfriend) and she was working as a call girl/ hostess. I had to wait out in the hall of an apartment building while she was with a client inside.
It was one of those generic, whitewalled modern buildings that tend to make me feel anxious. I knew I´d feel bad when I woke up, and I did.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score

homes- usually represent self image. and the different rooms in the house portray different emotions, feelings, desires, needs etc...the basement however is where all your skeletons are, the deepest level of unconsciousness. "the collective consciousness"

School-That one is really too broad to interpret (for me anyhow) sorry

losing things-is interpreted that you have a bunch of stuff going on in your life. You have a lot of things you want to do, yet there are things that others want you to do that are preventing that. It is normal to wake up feeling frustrated with these dreams. Especially if they are recurring.

ex-it could mean sexual dissatisfaction or it could mean that you are just reminiscing on good times, and that you need to make some time for yourself and ease up a bit.

ur last dream can be called the same way your losing things dreams were.

ashley

Reaction score
Last night I had a dream my dad dropped me off in the middle of a highway, with nothing besides the clothes on my back. There were two womyn walking along the highway trying to hitch hike. I asked one how long they were trying and they wouldn't reply back to me. Some how I ended up walking down a ramp, where i magically had a the cutest little pit bull that was acting like a jerk and a pack. i set my stuff down and ran after the doggy. when i came back i saw a bunch of traveling hipsters trying to steal by pack. and than i was trying to convice them that i was cool.

Rash L

Reaction score
thank you DRS... (damn, I knew I would be revealing too much of myself by revealing my dreams...) :)

compass

Lost
Reaction score
Man, everytime I have a lucid dream I get so excited that I'm having one I snap out of it.

I used to have this recurring dream:

I'm standing on a beach, its a beautiful sunny day, just watching families have picnics, kids playing, etc. just a nice day and I feel good and very peaceful. All of a sudden a giant wave starts rushing towards the shore, a wall of water that you can't see the end of looking straight up. People start panicing, running around all crazy like chickens with their heads cut off, trying to run from this wave that is impossible to escape, but I still stand there, just watching it as it comes in, still feel good and peaceful, and when it eventually crashes, everything goes white, and I get enveloped my an even deeper, profound sense of peace and well being, and then wake up.

JahDucky

Reaction score
Well I spent the night at my partners place last week and got a little upset with him over nothing and ended up going to bed irritated.

In my dream I kept walking into different rooms to get away from him and he was in every room. In the end I ended up beating him senseless.

I woke up instantly and woke him up telling him that I appologies for getting so upset over nothing and that my dream had basically told me to appologize or else I would just end up beating myself up for it later.

Prolly not what your looking for for your zine but it feels good to tell someone about how it went.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads