DIY HANDBOOK

Exile

Reaction score
I have a fear of buying its odd. It just dosnt feel right so.........most of the time I ask others to buy for me.

G

Grace

I think this is a great idea!

Printing cost is going to be tricky, though. Unless everyone from here is willing to give a little to the project, you could easily go under trying to self publish.

Ever heard of http://www.lulu.com ? It's a great website for self-publishing, and is most cost effective. The site prints it, binds it and then you get to say whether they sell it for you or not, and to whom. They just keep a percentage of the sales per book, or you can pay them for the printing and distribute yourself. Something to think about, though this topic is rather old.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
There's the "super happy anarcho fun pages" way, where you put stuff out on the web for free printing out/viewing on the web. They do this because they want the comic to be free without going into debt.

P

possum

im not sure if this whole thing is still on since no one has posted in a while but...

today i made a guitar pick out of a dumpstered cap to one of those plastic one-gallon jugs for like milk or water. its really "authentic". hehe. i dont know know if anybody else does this, but it just kind of came to me today

M

Mouse

I do think it would be an internet data base as well. it's free what way... well, almost free. and anyone aroudn the world could get it.

and then there are people like me that can print stuff for free at school so I can make hard copies for mailing and trading so it's win win

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm guessing this never got off the ground. *sigh* so many good ideas when your drunk but then we dont even remember what we were so stoked about the night before....

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Well, there are already a few good sites like instructibles.com, blog.makezine.com, and blog.craftzine.com to search through...

mkirby

Reaction score
Website
meredithkirby.com
You could use a website like lulu.com that's print on demand. Basically you upload whatever you want them to publish, and people can order them at cost, plus a small percentage fee that the site tacks on, and whatever royalty you set for yourself.

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
the SAS survival guide is a good outdoors DIY book.
anyone know in the first ramboo movie when he makes a trap out of sticks attached to a tree and kills a cop with it? well it's called "the pig spear trap" and that book shows you how to make it. it's real easy folks.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
yea... the SaS book is real good shit, pick 1 up if you get the chance. they even have a pocket sized book, which I keep in my pack @ all times.

condemnedtodrift

Reaction score
hmmmm....shouldn't people have to work hard & gain experience to obtain some of the more "secret" info yr proposing to include in this manual. Just seems like, while good intentioned, this DIY manual is more of a manual for the cops to find/catch us. Let's remember this isn't summer camp for some people.

landofkings77

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
im deff. down man if u need anything hit me up on aim i can distribute it or spread the word and also ask random squatters around town on ideas for it

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads