diy hammock, best type of fabric? | Squat the Planet

diy hammock, best type of fabric?

pillowtron

Reaction score
A while ago one of my buddies had a hammock he made from some rope and fabric, not thinking about it i didnt ask him what type of fabric he used and now im interested in making one for myself.

if anyone has made one of these could you share your stories and also what type of fabric/rope you used to make it hold up well?

sweet potatoe

Reaction score
itd be really cool to figure out how to like, weave one with th ropes an shit, i just got some paracord though so idunno im pretty stoked for howveer i can end up making one. but these instructions could work too iguess

matt

Reaction score
There are some sites/forums out there (hammockforums.net is one) that have instructions on how to make more hennessy type hammocks.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
mkirby said:
how does wider know everything about everything?

He hangs around me, how else?
Also saw him grab an old lady and beat some info out of her once, then posted that knowledge on a thread here.

pillowtron said:
i found some instructions, i only asked about fabric because on this website it says to use a bedsheet...and that will not hold up for that long really.

What if you sew two bedsheets together, along the edges and then some perpendicular stitching across the middle a few times?

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
0088369890021_300X300.jpg

20$ bux at walmart (not in stores, must have shipped site-to-store)
linked picture from 20$ hammock - walmart

Wild Ty Laserbeam

Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads