Cheers! From Minneapolis...

mandapocalypse

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Greetings!

I'm so stoked I got introduced to this site! Wish I would have discovered it sooner.

Anyways, I'm in love with traveling and will never turn down an adventure. I've been all over the US and Canada, and hope to see as much of Earth as possible.
I've hopped trains, driven bands on tour, rode greyhound, hitch hiked, took flights, and am actually for the first time catching a ride with a random human I found on craigslist this Thursday down to Dallas, Texas.

I got fired from my job of 3 years 2 weeks ago, so now that work is off of the agenda, I'm taking off, with no solid plans for a few months.
As above mentioned, going to Dallas on Thursday, Austin after that, and then making my way to New Orleans.
I've never been to New Orleans before, and don't know anyone there, (know some bands that will be playing Bring the Noize fest on the 13th-15th of November)
So, if you are from there or know of squats or places to crash please get in contact!

I hope to meet some rad humans, and see some beautiful epic scenery in the coming months.

Cheers!!!

Metrik

Reaction score
Hey I'm from the twin cities as well! I'd say welcome but I'm new here also so it wouldn't make a lot of sense. You should definitely throw me a pm with some vegan eating places and good bookstores, I'm always looking for new places to eat when I'm in town. Right now my go-to's are luce and evergreen which are fantastic... but expensive. And hey if you're ever around fargo/moorhead let me know and I'll return the favor!

Nice to meet you,
~M

hvforge

Reaction score
Metrik- did you say Fargo/Moorhead? I'm a sophomore over at MSUM. The name's Aaron. Been studying riding for a few months...was gonna wait till this summer to try my first ride. Me and a good friend, a fellow newbie from home, are gonna hopefully be out for a month or so as soon as school's out. I've been thinking it'd be nice to get a little practice in beforehand. Got a friend down in Chicago I'd really like to visit. Drop me a line!

sweet potatoe

Reaction score
i was just up in minieapolis , maybe met you there at hard times or at one of th houses, cept th only shows i went ot was one at ht cube an then a few at ht west bank revival days theing, and a big dance party at pegasus or medusa or whatnot, anywho im headed down through texas soon too, mayhaps ill see there, anywho, hi im colin

mandapocalypse

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey I'm from the twin cities as well! I'd say welcome but I'm new here also so it wouldn't make a lot of sense. You should definitely throw me a pm with some vegan eating places and good bookstores, I'm always looking for new places to eat when I'm in town. Right now my go-to's are luce and evergreen which are fantastic... but expensive. And hey if you're ever around fargo/moorhead let me know and I'll return the favor!

Nice to meet you,
~M

Evergreen and Luce' are great, but yes, expensive.
Hard Times cafe on the West Bank is run by punks, delicious and inexpensive vegan/vegetarian food. It's open 6am-4am, 365 days a year. They have a free bin with clothes/food/random stuff.
Also, down the street is The Wienery, super cheap veggie dogs & home made fries.... If you get thrown in jail, bring your jail wristband and they will give you a free meal.
Just a little farther down the street is The Triple Rock. They have the best vegan/vegetarian bar food EVER. Not too expensive, either.

Arise! bookstore is the radical resource center/bookstore. It's on 24th and Lyndale. It's open 12-9 everyday, and you can use their computers as long as you want. There is the Wedge co-op down the street, usually the wealthy hippies will give you good food if your flying a sign.

...Extreme Noise records is 407 W. Lake St. Open 12-8 everyday. Lot's of flyers for shows and radical community gatherings.

....There's much more......

Metrik

Reaction score
Oh hard times is great! I had one of the best veggie burgers I've ever eaten there. And yes, the wedge is great if you got some cash... one of the only places in MN that i've found vegan mac and cheese in a box. Aaron, I have a sneaking suspicion that i know you... assuming your avatar is you. I'm also a sophomore, Ill say something next time I see you. Thanks manda btw!

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
Hi welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it. Oh and when you get down south get in touch. I bounce around between Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Pensacola FL quite a bit so I might be able to help you out some.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Welcome to the site, if you have any problems or questions message one of the moderators(we have the orange-italic user names.)

Drunken Hearted Man

Reaction score
Evergreen and Luce' are great, but yes, expensive.
Hard Times cafe on the West Bank is run by punks, delicious and inexpensive vegan/vegetarian food. It's open 6am-4am, 365 days a year. They have a free bin with clothes/food/random stuff.
Also, down the street is The Wienery, super cheap veggie dogs & home made fries.... If you get thrown in jail, bring your jail wristband and they will give you a free meal.
Just a little farther down the street is The Triple Rock. They have the best vegan/vegetarian bar food EVER. Not too expensive, either.

Arise! bookstore is the radical resource center/bookstore. It's on 24th and Lyndale. It's open 12-9 everyday, and you can use their computers as long as you want. There is the Wedge co-op down the street, usually the wealthy hippies will give you good food if your flying a sign.

...Extreme Noise records is 407 W. Lake St. Open 12-8 everyday. Lot's of flyers for shows and radical community gatherings.

....There's much more......

Making me miss MPLS. Love the Triple Rock, been a while since I've been there, but I remember the food was good. I've never tried flying at the Wedge, I'll have to give it a shot next time I roll through. Welcome to the site and all that. I know a bunch of people in Mpls, but I may hit you up if I need a place to stay.

Swiper

Reaction score
ha yo i loved the cube before it got evicted, i always used to stay there when i was in minneapolis! Minneapolis is the shit yo.

Swiper

Reaction score
yeah they got black mold and the roof in my friends room collapsed and they all got evicted and are living in different places now.
RIP CUBE

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads