Best jeans?

M

Mouse

I've run into the problem lately that girls pants are all made out of that flimsy strechy jean material now.. while very comfy they simply don't last. I bought a pair of jeans last summer and they've already fallen apart from normal wear (meaning not every single day and washing them each time, ect..) Even women's levi's have turned to shit in this way :( buuuuut I figured out that guys jeans aren't so crappy. They are still made out of ACTUAL jean material liek pants are supposed to be.

I go to Target and hit up the mens section. The vinatge style boot cut jeans seem to be the most girl-like pants. they are sturdy and look good. they aren't too costly either. wait for sales, like any good bargin hunter ;)

then again, my ex girlfriend told me I dress like a 12 year old boy sooo maybe this explains it. lol.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have a pair of Wrangler jeans that are holding up pretty well. I don't think the brand has much to do with it, though. I would prefer something made in America (or somewhere with unionized workers), but my mom got them for me, so oh well.
The only annoying thing about tough jeans is that they often have rivets on the back pockets, and as bony as I am, those hurt like hell when sitting on something hard. They weren't difficult to rip out, though.
By the way, shouldn't this be under the 'Gear' subforum?

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
By the way, shouldn't this be under the 'Gear' subforum?

Moved, since it didn't have any DIY in it. I'm going to have to wear fatigues when summer gets into full swing with all of its humidity here, they're not that durable, but it's better than wearing wet pants everywhere.

Reactions: Psi em

Play.It.Fast

Reaction score
I just get some thick black strech jeans, and take the double knees off my retired pair of carhartts and sew them on my jeans, so I have triple knees, and just re-use them so on so forth... seems to hold up nicely for me.

Play.It.Fast

Reaction score
what are those pants from washington called that are soaked in oil or wax so they're water and windproof? They're made for lumberjacks, my friend had a pair of em

Either Filson's, or Sorrels.

Sorrels, are nice, considering there Water/fire/windproof, oiled, double kneed/ and assed. made in the USA, lifetime warenty (so if they rip, send em back and they will ship you a new pair for free) straight legged unlike mexi made Carhartts, and half the price. 20-30 bones for a pair.

Reactions: Psi em

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
sorrels? wow ill have to remember that. ive always wanted to get a pair of filsons just to see if they live up to the hype. ive been told that filsons has a 10 year return policy as well.

Poe Boy

Reaction score
I don't much care for jeans anymore. But if you're going to wear them, the name brands (Levi, Wrangler, Carhartt) seem to hold up well. They're mostly foreign made, but the name brands seem to be better overall (probably pay their workers more.

Seems the only thing I can buy these days that is made in the USA and I can afford are BDUs. Actual military ones, not Chinese copies. The 100% cotton is good for summer, the Nyco (50% cotton 50% nylon) is heavier duty for colder weather, or if you just want stronger. Either way, get the ripstop, not the flat fabric.

This is obviously from a guy's perspective, I don't know if the name brand women's jeans are any better than the off brand. But, if it matters, BDUs do wonders for the female behind. :D

M

Mouse

guys don't seem to know how "STRETCH" has infiltrated all womens jeans and makes the fabric useless. even the name brands... my levi's could probably stretch to accommodate someone two sizes bigger than me lol

One good thing is to be SURE you get the right size. don't settle for something that doesn't fit right because i wont wear right either

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Stretch jeans are pretty weak ... I remember that from skating in them in my 'punx' days, haha. Fell apart real quick.

piratehobo

Reaction score
ive been told i dress like a 12 year old boy as well by my mom and sister. I guess part of it is because I wear boxers from the boys section lol. anyway, ive had the same pair of carhartts for like, 4 years and theyre the only pants ive owned that have lasted so long. My pants usually tear in the crotch first after about 6 months to a year depending on how crappy they are. Needles to say, ive been wearing these carhartts ALOT since theyre not all torn to hell.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads