Begining My Grand Vagabond Adventure | Squat the Planet

SuneeShines

Reaction score
Hey Everyone Name is SuneeShines.

I have been reading STP for a few months because travel and adventure is just really interesting to me. I don't really have any qualms with working my dead end jobs (as long as I can start in the Afternoon). I don't have a wanderlust that can only be satisfied, but I have always been drawn to the characters in stories, movies, and video games of the lone wanderer and the lonely drifter I have always felt a connection in those characters. I have lived in the Northwest my entire life and I want to see the world and have some real experiences. I love aspects of both nature and the city, but I prefer the nature. I have grown up in the deepwoods and rural country sides my entire life. I graduated high school. Kept a good GPA while I was in college, but it just wasn't what I wanted to do. So I have been talking about going on a walk about for the last 5 years. I finished up my last quarter of college. Put in my 2 weeks. I am just waiting on my passport and my last few paychecks. I just wanted to get on here and properly introduce myself before I go. I also want to make some friends. If you want to chat just message me on here and I can give you my info if we hit it off.

I am leaving for San Diego from Montesano, WA after I enjoy and recover from one of my Epic Family Halloween Parties. I want to spend some time in the desert this Winter as I have never seen a desert before and I would like to see it before it gets too hot. Then I will be headed back up to say my last goodbyes to my family before I head out east. I have experience with foraging, dumpster diving, fishing, and trapping. I am going to be busking when I feel like it for cash. Doing odd jobs here and there. And working in the Winter months. Mostly just in the US and Canada at first, but I hope to head down to Central and South America in the Future and even go over seas (would love to see Thailand, Vietnam, and Japan.

Just leaving with my pack, some cloths, and some camping gear. Trying to keep it light. Plan on leather tramping mostly, but I will hitchhike too. Be camping out most nights I imagine. I want to meet new people and see new places.

As far as personal things.
Some of my hobbies are writing stories and poetry. I also like bushcraft. I play Ukelele, some guitar, and some sax(or I used to). I like to cook for large groups of people and throw big gatherings of people with music, food, bonfire(etc). I also like to read. I also do voices and characters from when I wanted to be a Voice Actor(I still keep it up because the passion is still there.)

I love movies and shows. I watch a lot of anime and other cartoons. I love movies and books about adventuring in any capacity. Fantasy mostly. Anything that has with traveling great distances.

If you want to chat message me on here and we can talk.

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome! :)

So I have been talking about going on a walk about for the last 5 years.

Just leaving with my pack, some cloths, and some camping gear. Trying to keep it light. Plan on leather tramping mostly, but I will hitchhike too. Be camping out most nights I imagine. I want to meet new people and see new places.

This is precisely how my adventures began, and continue. I first set out after my daughters left the roost back in April. I grabbed some old pack I curb-scored and walked from PDX to Eugene, OR. I took the long way, following the mighty Willamette as much as possible.

The walkabout took me approx. 300 miles, camping "illegally" for 28 nights in some gorgeous places (and a few not-so-nice). Having never done anything of the sort, I was blessed with the opportunity to just figure out as I went.
I was offered rides at points, but turned them down. My old pack barely made; my shoes fell apart about 80% of the way--had to scrounge up money for replacements.

I'm thrilled to hear that you would like to begin your adventures this way. It taught me so much about my own potential, intuition, limits, street smarts, and magick. As soon as I finished that trek, I went back out for bigger and better ones!

Hook, line, and stinkier.

Keep us all updated! :D

SuneeShines

Reaction score
Thanks Zim and you too Rhubarb. I heard about it the event, but I am planning on Seeing some friends in that time in Oregon. Gonna be in Oregon camping and couch hopping for a few weeks. Thanks for the info and the helpful response. I appreciate it.

SuneeShines

Reaction score
Lebanon, Albany, Jefferson, Sweet Home, Corvallis, and Eugene too(maybe). It's the area I grew up in. Where I went to High school. Haven't been back since my granddaddy kicked it from the big C. Back in 2012. Bout time I go and see everyone.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads