anybody got any ideas for cheap knives??

bote

Reaction score
Widerstand said:
Also switchblades are pretty much illegal in all states.

Not in this Cali, hehe. Weird how they are considered a projectile or whatever, I don`t see why assisted opening is okay, but not springloaded...

I don`t think throwing knives are so terrible, I think of them as a hobby and weapon in one.

takes a long time to learn? I like having something to do on the road
throwing your weapon away? you have two more.
not a good cutting implement? You might have a (dull) point there, but if you look around, I`ll bet they come serrated, or however you want. I`m not droping more than a few bucks on a knife anyway, so it`s not that big a difference.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Both switchblades and assisted opening knives are a huge pain to clean after you've gotten them dirty- too many small parts. Fun to play with, but I prefer simpler things, especially since I get paranoid about mechanical malfunctions.

I also make my own throwing knives, it seems that a lot of those storebought knives are made of really soft metal because I don't know, maybe they're afraid part of it might chip off and bounce into someone's eye? Plus, few noises are quite as satisfying as the thud of one made from a rail spike thrown into a log.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
kmart is very easy to steal from and they have pretty good knives on the shelves in the campin section......i always grab it and take it to the linens towels section cuz theres never anyone there and bust it outta the package.....once i cut myself open kind of bad doin that so i had to stumble over to the band aid isle drippin blood and snatch some of them

Kobet Pahana

Reaction score
i completly agree with the mora knife, i bought 1 to slaughter a free goat i got off craigslist for meat and it worked like butter. i use it foe skinning, fleshing and anything else that needs a sharp knife, even sushi. it could easily be used for self defense too cause it cuts through flesh like butter

Reaction score
i just gave mine away to a friend, i got it for a dollar in a junk store in NC.i was drunk and they told me they needed it :( i keep going into junk stores around here but i either cant find any or they are too expensive like 100 dollar expensive. im thinking of making a makeshift jabbing tool lol out of a deer antler. anyways a lady gotts to have a shank. anyone got any neat ideas?

when i was in ohio i lost my knife running of some crazy old guys property cuz he had an old tree house out back and, hey, nice warm place to sleep, ya kno? but anyway i just made a make-shift knife outta a really sharp rock i found and had some super glue and string that i attached it to a stick with, it only lasted me about a week or two, but by then i got another one.

normally if u look at dollar stores or at smoke shops u can get a decent knife for anywhere from $1-$10. good luck!

wartomods

Reaction score
There is something classy and special about opinel knifes, get one, they are great for daily carrying.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads