any downhome bronchitis cures

coolguyeagle76'

Reaction score
well thank you friend! the reason i come to this site to get medical advice is because most people on this site have experience with maintaining their health in a a wholesome and (more importantly for me) cheap to free way.
i've def been on my fluids and citrus, but ive had this bloody hack for a month and its getting worse...
i am in no way a hypochondriac but im thinking i have been exposed to asbestos a few times.

mksnowboarder

Reaction score
Actually, it's more likely a bacterial infection for which you need antibiotics. There are no "downhome" antibiotics that I'm aware of. Hit up a free clinic or go to the ER under a false name. A script of amoxicillin shouldn't run you more than five bucks.

Don't ignore it, people die that way.

mike

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
Quit smoking pot hippy!!!

PFAT

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I JUST am getting over that shit.
They gave me antibiotics which I'm terrible at taking regularly... I didn't keep those up.
My recommendation is to smoke a lot and sleep a little.
:p

spearchukka

Reaction score
If you have been sleepin in damp environments there might be aspergillosis from mould spores, its more common than people think! Its not that much of a threat unless it goes on for a long time as this can cause scaring of the lungs.
Liquorice is a great demulcent (breaks down mucus) for the lungs but fluid is even more important when using demulcents. Make sure you are well hydrated when you go to sleep as this is the time when the body does most tissue repair.
Fresh ginger and Garlic are good anti bacterials /anti virals but if you really wanna punish the little pathogens try Concentrated Grape fruit seed extract......its potent, very nasty tasting but if you use it correctly it gets the job done.
Blood is not a good sign....it can come from coughing and rupturing the surface capillaries of the trachea which is not that bad but it can come from other things, not so good!
If ya want any info on how to take/where to get.....lemme know!

KoffinKat

Reaction score
If your coughing up blood your in bad shape and need to see a doctor. There really are not any down home cures for this kinda thing. Viral? Maybe. Fungal infections usually have a few very distinctive symptoms ie very unusual lung sounds called "raules". and a weird cough. If it's just blood your coughing up it kinda sounds more like pneumonia which can be either viral or bacterial. Bacterial they will give you a five day course of an antibiotic called zithromax or something simular. Viral had a bad tendency to become "walking pneumonia" which can be real dangerous because you don't feel very bad while it kills you. Go see a doctor and ignore herbal nonsense. Your lungs will not heal on their own with tea.

spearchukka

Reaction score
If your coughing up blood your in bad shape and need to see a doctor. There really are not any down home cures for this kinda thing. Viral? Maybe. Fungal infections usually have a few very distinctive symptoms ie very unusual lung sounds called "raules". and a weird cough. If it's just blood your coughing up it kinda sounds more like pneumonia which can be either viral or bacterial. Bacterial they will give you a five day course of an antibiotic called zithromax or something simular. Viral had a bad tendency to become "walking pneumonia" which can be real dangerous because you don't feel very bad while it kills you. Go see a doctor and ignore herbal nonsense. Your lungs will not heal on their own with tea.

Coughing up blood can be bad but it can come from Bronchitis and many other things.....do some research. How much blood? Is it mixed with the mucus? Is it frothy or in streaks?.........a little is not uncommon, just monitor it carefully......a couple of teaspoons its time to see the Quack.....mixed with the mucus can be bad news.....frothy is not good either.
An antibiotic will probably clear it up quickly if you can get them. Self diagnosis is risky but then there is no guarantee that you will be correctly diagnosed in a clinic. An antibiotic will only treat the least severe kinds of Pneumonia such as "walking Pneumonia", not the real nasty ones. Pneumonia is a real killer but the vast amount of the cases are hospitalised patients or people suffering other ailments. If it is "Walking Pneumonia" antibiotics will help. Azithromycin (Zithromax is a brand name) is one of the most widely pescribed antibiotics, it is basically penicillin with a broader antimicrobial spectrum which is good for the respiratory tract.
Zithromax = Azinthromycin = Penicillin = mould = fungus = mushrooms = phyto therapy/ herbal nonsense.

TEA??????

Might as well wear something dark and stripey and go stand on a crossing at night pal because the stress is gunna get ya first.
Or you could go and get treated, ask little or nothing about your treatment, walk away with a fist full of drugs and then once you are better and have become an overnight medical expert.........you can tell people to ignore the helpful advice of others and give them your singular perception whilst dismissing possible ailments over the internet through the power of sound that never varies from person to person. Which reminds me, I must go and get heard by the doctor!?!
I obviously misread your post that said "Should I go to a doctor or not?"
Widerstand is speaking the sense here, if you have the means to seek professional medical help it is a good idea, but not all of us can.

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
I've had several bouts of really bad bronchitis because of my asthma before and never hacked up blood even when I coughed so hard that I blew out lots of blood vessels in my eyes. If your hacking up blood you definitely should go find a free clinic soon or go to the hospital even if you have to give a fake name because you can't pay. That definitely sounds more like phenomena or tuberculosis, neither of which will clear up on their own.

KoffinKat

Reaction score
Hey I am not trying to knock all herbal remedies. But comparing an antibiotic to herbal remedies is just not accurate. It would be like comparing microbiology to mathematics same ancestry different school. But coughing up blood for more than a month? No it's time to skip right past squatter forums and web md and see a doctor. Yes it can and most likely will cost some money. But in an ER we have to treat you regardless of your financial situation. The cost otherwise is your health. Ask lots of questions learn how to prevent it in the future is at all possible. oh a zithromax is usually used for those ALLERGIC to penicillin. Just for reference.

spearchukka

Reaction score
Zithromax is used as an alternative for those allergic to penicillin you are correct, same concept though. There are many plants as strong as antibiotics however the process of using them is far more complicated, they are much harder to come by and it is generally a fragile process. The notion that there is no comparison in potency has a lot of following, it is unfounded. I read a while ago that approximately 80% of pharmaceuticals in global use were plant based/derived or synthesized. Many plants are powerful enough to blind/paralyze/kill a human in seconds, why wouldn't they be able to kill bacterium or viruses.
Last year whilst north bound for Canada, my guts started giving me shit, by the time I hit NYC I had a reasonable amount of internal bleeding. It had got worse by the time I reached MTL and worried friends coerced me into a visit to the ER. They started treatment immediately with out asking any medical history. Within 15 mins I was in a bed and they were hooking me up to a drip........when I asked why I was told it was saline??????????????? I was not pale or dehydrated and wondered what they might want to administer as I was in no pain. After a few had gathered around to talked amongst themselves and then depart I started to express my concerns, when the barely literate nurse could answer none of my questions I asked to see a doctor. Patiently I waited an hour and a half and eventually a patronising doctor arrived, he seemed shocked that I would know the protocol of treatment and even more shocked to why I should want to know! I was then informed that the IV was for the antibiotics that were to be swapped with the saline which had been put it by a nurse to save time........amazing.......they had already saved a bunch of time by not even testing to see if I needed the medication.
It may well have been an ulcer but I had Mallory Wiess syndrome a few years ago from some internal injuries and I suspected that the scars had ruptured. They never asked if I was allergic to the medication.....had I been it could have caused violent vomiting and been potentially fatal. I asked for the drip to be removed and asked for a hemoglobin count. He looked shocked but saw my point. The count came back fine which means I wasn't bleeding to death. The treatment would not have been a one off and all that would have been achieved was the administration of drugs for which they would post test the need.
2 hrs 45 mins in a bed, Hemoglobin count and an IV with no drugs??????? = $867
Bargain!
I discharged myself, knocked the hooch on the head (I had been drinking a lot), cleaned up my diet, steady course of Aloe and Papain to sort out my tum tum, and garlic and rosemary (herbal nonsense) just in case it was an ulcer. Bleeding stopped in 3 days, bloating and gas took a little longer. Guts feel fine now and my system will still get the most out of antibiotics should I need them in future.
Fake names don't work for ongoing testing.....be careful of giving too little info and wanting too much. Some people feel the need to get to the bottom of mystery and that's when you end up having to answer to the police that are never far from the clinic. Oh....and they don' tell you "the pigs 'll be here soon pal", they just appear in front of you....not so good if ya tryin to avoid em. Look up Bronchitis symptoms.....its far more likely to be bleeding from Bronchitis than Tuberculosis just based on the frequency of TB. cases, although the latter is possible.
If the post hadn't asked for alternative medicine then I wouldn't have suggested such things. Every post including mine have expressed that professional medical advice should be sought. I answered the post without scaremongering, there are plenty of parts of the world where antibiotics are scarce and people get along just fine.
Treat the cause pal and not just the symptom.....get some sleep and lay off the smokes.....and I'll say it again.......go and see the doc if you can, there is often free medical for this kinda stuff available through Missions and Churches but you will need ID!

rezmutts

Reaction score
In the woods of Tsaile.. house is falling apart..
Damn bro that shit was crazy when I got it out of the blue.. It was like a normal fever then all of a sudden My chest was hurting and went to the hospital and got diagnosed for bronchitis. I think I have chronic. Don't smoke either, will cause inflammation. lots of godd old tea too..

nickt29

Reaction score
cut down on the smoking, get as much fresh, not indoor air as possible,

tea is soothing too. ive had chronic bronchitis for 2 years now. after doing resarch, and trying it out, ive found the best things to be turmeric and onions and hot sauce. easiest way to take all this at once is just curry. sautee an onion with whatever other veggies you want with a shit ton of turmeric then add cumin, garlic, cayenne, and a dash of nutmeg then eat it over rice with an obnoxious amount of hot sauce. good shit.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I know ways to avoid getting it- which is basically to avoid breathing in stuff that isn't air. I've been known to tote around a respirator when I know I'll be in areas with a lot of mold, or sleep in a bandanna in dusty places. Things have to be pretty bad if you have to sleep with a respirator on, but you get used to the valve clacking after a while.

coolguyeagle76'

Reaction score
thanx for all the help guys,yesterday i found out my friends dad is a doc. it is bronchitis (i kinda expected that or hepC...) Im on pills and herbs and the coughs still there but i dont feel like im slowly dieing!

thank you!!:zombie::zombie::zombie:

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
hahaha spearchukka, the med staff probably just didnt like ya caus you weren't speaking french.......it was your sign to get out of queebland

PS as far as prevention if you get respiratoy ailments chronically, i highly support humidifiers indoors, also not living up north in the winter. i got pneumonia last spring after STP fest and was eating lots of ginger, eating buttloads of food, sweated in a sweatlodge two or 3 times as i came down with the cough but it still morphed into pneumonia while riding to nebraska and up to montana, and when it hurt to breathe i went to a clinic in the mall in missoula, got zithromax prescribed and voila, sometimes the truth is ya just need drugs, it did the trick. JUST ALWAYS FINISH THE ANTIBIOTIC REGIMEN! ALWAYS! EVEN IF YOU ALREADY FEEL WELL!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads