Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery (1 Viewer)

feralxfeline

Lurker
Current Location
Oly
img_0538-1-jpg.35358_Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_12:16 PM
img_0541-1-jpg.35359_Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_12:16 PM
img_0543-1-jpg.35360_Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_12:16 PM
img_0547-1-jpg.35361_Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_12:16 PM
img_0551-1-jpg.35362_Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_12:16 PM
img_0556-1-jpg.35363_Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_12:16 PM
img_0559-1-jpg.35364_Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_12:16 PM
img_0568-1-jpg.35365_Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_12:16 PM
img_0570-1-jpg.35366_Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_12:16 PM
img_0575-1-jpg.35367_Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_12:16 PM
img_0576-1-jpg.35368_Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_12:16 PM
img_0578-1-jpg.35369_Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_12:16 PM
img_0579-1-jpg.35370_Abandoned Olympia Beer Brewery_Urban Exploration_Squat the Planet_12:16 PM
This is one of the largest, most expansive abandoned structures ive explored. there are several large buildings, some of which are over 9 stories high, all connected by above ground and underground corridors. These pictures don't quite give justice to the amount of space there is to explore. The areas include; office spaces, manufacturing, distribution warehouses, underground storage facilities and rooftops. There are still giant vats of old mold covered beer on several floors. My favorite spots were the basement corridors that were completely taken over by ivy, and the roof that overlooks the Tumwater Falls and the capitol building. Seriously an amazing place if you're in the Olympia area check it out & its so easy to access!

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Art101

Wanderer
Current Location
Cheyenne WY
Very cool,but in a way it makes me sad.Not only did I drink Oly as a deformitive youth but it was like a landmark driving down to Portland.Might have to make a special trip down there and just wander.Great pics as I sit here with a sad smile.

OP
feralxfeline

feralxfeline

Lurker
Current Location
Oly
I'm pretty sure the beer is brewed somewhere in Cali now. It saddens me because of the sheer amount of space the factory/brewery/distribution center took up & how much nature was bulldozed and paved for buildings that are now un-used.

I guess that's the case with all abandoned places... Makes a great playground tho. I'd love to squat here for a while but am leaving on Monday so

Current Location
Vancouver, Canada
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
Strange that so much equipment appears to still be there. Even just for scrap value wouldn't it have been worth it for the company to sell off?

Wish there were such things in the Vancouver area. There's a couple cool places but are more for spring and summer exploring (nazi gold plane crash, abandoned power station on a lake, hot springs out in the mountains, abandoned logging towns, etc)

OP
feralxfeline

feralxfeline

Lurker
Current Location
Oly
Speaking of Vancouver, I'm heading to PDX next week and hoping to explore/squat some cool spots. Anything abandoned that you know of I could check out?

Haxsys

Current Location
burnsville, North Carolina
Do they still have the dummy security trucks sitting out front? I did this spot 4 years ago and they had all kinds of fake security setup.

Also, near the newer building it seemed like somone was living there and actively patrolling the upper portion with a golf cart

jaws

Pilgrim
Current Location
Tomball, United States
I went here yesterday. It appears there are 2 different abandoned locations in the same area. I ended up going to a different set of buildings I assume. The tallest building was gated off so it could still be the same spot. I googled "abandoned brewery" and it came up on maps. It was accessible however starting to be remodeled.

Banjo

Current Location
Upper Ohio Valley
Awesome to see this. My parents and I went on a tour of that place back around 1976. I loved the smell of hops and beer brewing.

Des

Current Location
Lol
Speaking of Vancouver, I'm heading to PDX next week and hoping to explore/squat some cool spots. Anything abandoned that you know of I could check out?
Drop me a dm. Few nice squats in pdx right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $35.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $35.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $35.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $35.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

croc wrote on bowldog's profile.
Love ur profile pic. She looks so sultry peeking thru the trees
dumpsternavel wrote on Rhubarb Dwyer's profile.
So clevar
The only good part about the ER is the BE that comes before-hand! :p
forgot how fast people'll throw the first blow in the street
got complacent having only sparred with friends recently.
was socked in the head,
only managed to block the second blow or so
before being knocked to the ground

(to be fair, knocking us off our feet isn't hard when we require a cane or smth to support ourselves most days)
Currently in Louisiana , I'm off the road. Had Hep C an liver cancer. Don't ever forget to be free from the man you have to leave it all behind, each an every time.
Still....in Jax if any kids about
Stuck on paper in idaho, missing the woods and my DK fam
I've made some layout adjustments to featured content threads. They should look much prettier on mobile devices, although I'm still working on how the main featured page displays on those devices...
Due to a software bug, I've had to disable the ability for users to delete their accounts until a fix is released (hopefully no more than a few days).
You ever look back and kind of wonder even if you wanted to try to fix things... How you even begin to apologise for Fucking up someone's life??

Members online