Wudduppp .

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Glad to see that we didn't scare you off!

Just go for it. From the sound of it, you'd be able to come home if you change your mind. You clearly aren't satisfied with where you are in life, so take action to change it. I'm in a similar position.

mkirby

Reaction score
Website
meredithkirby.com
I didn't mean to be offensive, but a lot of people don't understand the realities of these kinds of things.
A lot of people haven't slept outside aside from the odd camping trip.
Most people haven't had to live out of a backpack.

It takes some getting used to, and I thought it better she get used to it in controlled environment.

are you fucking kidding me? not trying to be mean here, but squatting in your room? or in the back yard? what the fuck is she? 5? this post is probably why she left. if someone said this to me I would take offense and think they thought i was mentally retarded or insanely ignorant.

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
I didn't mean to be offensive, but a lot of people don't understand the realities of these kinds of things.
A lot of people haven't slept outside aside from the odd camping trip.
Most people haven't had to live out of a backpack.

It takes some getting used to, and I thought it better she get used to it in controlled environment.

Although at first glance it appears offensive and condescending, it's actually maybe not as bad an idea for some folks as it sounds. Unfortunately there really are people that have never even been camping and whose idea of "roughing" it is staying in a cheap motel or youth hostel.

DigitalYouth

Reaction score
looking back i would have to say that once you get out of school is when you really get the oppertunity to start to get to know yourself a little bit more. dont get frusterated that you dont have everything figured out yet, it takes a while, you jsut gotta learn from your mistakes or experiences and take them for what their worth and eventually you will find your balance. i guess you gotta fall down a few times before you can run.

but i would say to listen to yourself, if you feel like traveling is something that you personally need to do, then learn what you can, and go out and do it. just keep in mind that travelling alone isnt going to solve everything, that just takes some time.

natalieee_

Reaction score
yeah. i think waiting until i graduate would be the best idea, but... ugh i'm just sick of waiting it out year by year. i just want to graduate. i think i might do online classes all summer.. wow, that will get old real quick. but worth it. as long as i have mathematic & scientific & chemical..;) input, then i'm good.

lol cult.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Me and my goddamned big mouth.

Okay, I can help with math (as long as it isn't with all the stupid laws of geometry crap that no one remembers) since all the chemistry I remember is how to blow stuff up, and I hear people aren't allowed to do that in school anymore, and blowing up stuff on the internet doesn't work like that. Some of my calculus is rusty, too. Who cares about derivation, when you can approximate with automated sequences? I don't think I'm making sense to anyone.

Stop culting, you two.

natalieee_

Reaction score
hahah it makes sense to me! i'm in pre-calc.. almost calculus. hahah. how about physics?
i love math. its just so.. logical. haha i'm a nerd at heart.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads