What's your favorite piece of gear?

viking

Reaction score
31JvEcPmJ4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

My knife. I never go anywhere without it.

happyearthhomes

Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
My favorite peice of gear would have to be my ww2 army surplus camp shovel 14 inch handle and 9 inch blade its a shovel, axe, saw, hammer, prybar,defensive or offensive weapon add a peice of rope makes it a good grapple or anchor for a boat or tent weighs 6 lbs and folds up into a 14 inch flat square and can be carried many ways

RVLG

Reaction score
My favorite would be my grandfather's Robeson Suredge. I've had it for years. It rarely needs sharpening, it works as a hammer, and it will probably outlast my own children, if I ever have any. Despite its size, I haven't had any trouble with cops or border guards with it (in those cases it's well hidden). It looks something like this:
post-2552-1226858883.jpg

Unslap

Reaction score
My pet sock monkey. Sometimes i just need to hug something.

Carey 5000

Reaction score
Deffinatly my fanny pack...
great tool for the utility obsessed traveler, inside, 4 inch vice grips, spange, skeleton keys, drugs, a small notebook, 2 pens, guitar picks, beads, cord, small led flash light, like 5 lighters, patches, intertube patches, rubber cement, sewing kit, container w/ body jewlery, and some xanax?

im pretty attatched to mine too. no bad pun intended. i even keep very similar things in it

favorite prob though would be my solarpaneled led keylight. fuck batteries. i find so much treasure and groundscore with that thing. indispensible

bryanpaul

Reaction score
Tape player
fuck yeah tape player!!!....... i bitched out and got a mp3 player.... but those small old ghetto blasters and cassette tapes themselves are basically indestructable

BobbinGoblin

Reaction score
Website
www.howlattheloom.com
my dogs saddle bags,I hope i never have to lug around that fuckers food again.
I've been thinking about making some of these for my dog! He's a boston terrier... kind of small, but he could carry his own food fo sheezy.
What kind of dog do you have? How did he react when you first put the saddle bags on?

My favorite travel items are my stainless stell canteen and handy hand-sewn pockets.

scatwomb

Reaction score
I'm in the process of making a pack that looks like this:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvdwnedK9P1qgjqhpo1_500.jpg

It will be my favorite piece of gear ;)

My favorite, however, is this cooking pot which seals on the top with a metal bowl. It's small and I use it multiple times a day while traveling! Got it for 2$ at a military surplus store in Minneapolis.

Reactions: bryanpaul

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
dang. i have a 5-year old 80gig ipod that just keeps working. i haven't had a good excuse to spend $2 on a casette player, but i've made up my mind that that's the route i want to go down when my player bites the buller.

Cassettes rule!! They have stood the test of time, as I got many I made well over twenty five years ago that still play fiine.
Favorite piece of gear?? Blackberry Torch 9810
but seriously - I have a really really ancient flask which fit's perfectly in the hip pocket.
- also got an Old Timer Knife which my father in law gave me for Christmas, 1995....
It's based on the Buck knife model which was made famous back in August of 1969.

I'd have to really think about this - because actually the one thing I can't do without is me dogo.

Even my cats could survive if I was gone, since they still retain their feral qualities - but not me dogo.
She needs me - and I her......

bryanpaul

Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads