What's your favorite piece of gear?

Rolling Blackouts

Reaction score
I can't imagine life without a leatherman. But aside from that, I usually carry a sling I made. It has provided countless hours of amusement whipping rocks at trains while waitin' on my ride.

Reactions: wildboy860

luciferchrist

Reaction score
I have a hat, it's hunter camo, like for hicks, but it has led's on the bill, 4 of em and bright as hell. basically built in headlamp

acer910

Reaction score
^^^
think my favorite piece of gear would be my 12 dollar casio watch i got from walmart 3 years ago. wear it every single day, for the past 3 years, been in and out of the ocean and rivers with it, always know what time day and date it is.

scales

Reaction score
i will say my boots if i didn't have my boots and had some normal shoes i will wear them out real fast I've had my boots for five years all ready and they still look pretty good and there not bulky or tiring !!

smk02

Reaction score
i was going through old stuff and i found my brother old pack.... it's one of those old skate boarding ones from when they first came out with straps for the board..... it's my new favorite piece.... it's surprisingly can hold a lot including my sleeping bag and there's the straps on the outside if im packing heavy.... and its got all sorts of straps and shit for tightening and compacting.... sooo fucking stoked on the find
yea i have an old element bag that i used heavily in 2003/04....awesome. still in pretty decent shape

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
Hmm id have to say my favorite bit of kit is...

This old WW2 mess kit that was made when Germany was split into the west.I picked it up from a local gun show for $5 and the damn thing does everything you need and more lol.Has 2 pans and a big container to boil water in then the smaller pan can go inside and act as a pressure cooker/steamer as well as a strainer too.

Best $5 i have ever spent :D.Damn sure can't touch the quality on that thing compared to the damn garbage you get today :D.Its the original mess kit that the American and British troops tried to clone yet failed at doing so.It is also made from aluminum so its light weight and comes in at 1 1/4 pounds.Damn thing makes anything taste better too and cooks anything you throw in it to being damn near perfect.

Other thing id have to say i couldn't be without is my ka-bar heavy bowie knife and my lovely 30-50F Coleman sleeping bag,i love that damn thing.

And i can't keep my sanity without my mp3 player and i couldn't charge it without my solar charger so that is another must have for me.

All on all that about does it for me and my must have's.

Blackout Beetle

Reaction score
OK, what is your one, favorite item, that is really a can't do-without type thing. It doesn't have to be your most practical, although it may be.

Mine happens to be one of my more practical things.
My sleeping bag.

It was an older model, the big green one with the center zipper. It was the one before the MSS came out. Rated for 15 degrees or something. Mos of my traveling was in northern states, and that sucker got used a lot. Had to unzip it a bit in late spring and early fall, but it kept me warm no matter how cold it got out. It is heavy, like 8 pounds for the bag, but I love the thing. I even put away my newer, lighter ones last winter and took it back out to give it a try, and I remember why I love it so much. It's nice and roomy, and oh so comfy.

So what's your favorite?

I love my insulated Carhartt bibs. The only gear I ever really carry is a sleeping bag. More room in your pack to put 40s.

Reactions: Chewbacka

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads