What's your favorite piece of gear?

scatwomb

Reaction score
sweet!...suggestion...be sure to include lots of clippy straps(easily stolen from most shopping carts) and "D" rings and the like.....for me, i like having lots of options for strapping and bungee cording shit to my pack

Yeah, definitely! I am putting extra straps on the top and bottom of the pack to adhere a sleeping bag and other things to!

I wasn't thinking about D rings though, good suggestion! If I remember, I will post a picture of my final product in a week or two. Getting the straps from shopping carts is also an awesome idea!

Mongo

Reaction score
I guess I'd have to go with my mandolin, I can entertain myself or make money with it, plus I'm 6'4" 250lbs and look kind of intimidating when I'm hitching and when I put it standing in front of my bag people tend to think to themselves " ohhh a large man with a tiny instrument he's not a a violent weirdo". It has gotten me rides.

Reactions: Avering

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
easily the top part of my pack. it comes off and turns into a fancy fany pack. i can literally hold easily 3 days worth of supplies in it, including my hammock. and i can attach my sleeping bag to it. if i have to stash my pack anywhere, i just take the top part off and throw it over my shoulder.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
easily the top part of my pack. it comes off and turns into a fancy fany pack. i can literally hold easily 3 days worth of supplies in it, including my hammock. and i can attach my sleeping bag to it. if i have to stash my pack anywhere, i just take the top part off and throw it over my shoulder.
damn, i love those kinda packs. havent seen one in a long time.

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
its a kelty coyote. most dope pack i have ever own. not the lightest though, but still i can fit everything i need/want in it and lug it around without much back pain. it has an excellent frame on it.

travelin

Reaction score
The can opener on the wave works very well!

Do NOT use the standard screwdriver blade to try to pry with, it's kind of brittle(said traveling after he broke the damn blade)

The saw blade will cut a 2x4. I know this for a fact, though it takes a few minutes!

The file blade is quite handy.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
hell yeah... leatherman wave allday!!!!!!! i've had mine for like 4 years maybe and its still kickin ass. ive used the saw on mine to cut down a tree once while stuck out in the woods 4 wheelin it was prolly like 4 inches around. if i lost that tool id prolly cry o rthrow a huge fit.

Dead horse

Reaction score
I had a pretty bad ass smith and weson triple knife set all in the same big sheath I left rolled up in my sleeping bag that i was sitting on rolling into winnipeg

Reactions: BobbinGoblin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads