what political ideology makes most sense to you? | Squat the Planet

what political ideology makes most sense to you?

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
I think humans fuck up everything we are given. We are so young and still working out our issues. Hell, religion is still a thing in the majority of humans' minds.

I think at some point in the future we have the potential to be happy and peaceful with or without a government (and pros and cons coming with each).. But for now, we just have to struggle through our infancy.

A

AnOldHope

I think humans fuck up everything we are given. We are so young and still working out our issues. Hell, religion is still a thing in the majority of humans' minds.

I think at some point in the future we have the potential to be happy and peaceful with or without a government (and pros and cons coming with each).. But for now, we just have to struggle through our infancy.

Unfortunately, much like Tribbles or my cousins in Michigan, we were sort of born pregnant, and will create our Children while still in our own infancy.

It's like Dr. Who goes on Jerry Springer...."Cash me out of time..."

• Haha
Reactions: freegander
A

A New Name

The Rojava revolution resulted in a stateless government, built down-top. An anarchist solution (this is, free from the power imperative and based on rationality and trust) to the organisation of a large number of individuals. Amazing, I know. Also impossible according to many so called anarchists.
Government is not necessarily the same as a State, or any form of vertical (Submission / coercion) hierarchy.

Last edited:

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
I don't see how stating my opinion is necessarily alienating anyone. Limiting what we say because it might alienate or offend people is a bit silly when it comes to talking about "bigger things" like this. As long as you aren't trying to be an ass about it, that is.

black

Reaction score
The Rojava revolution resulted in a stateless government, built down-top. An anarchist solution (this is, free from the power imperative and based on rationality and trust) to the organisation of a large number of individuals. Amazing, I know. Also impossible according to many so called anarchists.
Government is not necessarily the same as a State, or any form of vertical (Submission / coercion) hierarchy.
I was pretty surprised to learn about Rojava I only found out about it like this last week. gives me some hope. an yeah I know that statism and government aren't the same thing, and can be separate. I feel p dumb not knowing about Rojava but I did sort of a little bit know about the activities of the YPG

Last edited:

black

Reaction score
I don't see how stating my opinion is necessarily alienating anyone. Limiting what we say because it might alienate or offend people is a bit silly when it comes to talking about "bigger things" like this. As long as you aren't trying to be an ass about it, that is.
well in saying that humans still have religion because they are a young species that is pretty much alienating. it implies that religion is a result of not understanding the world. youre allowed to have that opinion but saying it doesn't alienate anyone is factually incorrect. I am a very religious pagan myself, specifically Fyrnsidu, and my religion is not a hindrance to my understanding but a pathway I have chosen that colors my understanding.

Last edited:

black

Reaction score
while it is true that humans initially created myths and stories that evolved into religion as a way of understanding the physical world around them, it doesn't really apply to the modern world in most cases. even Christians usually, and I stress usually, believe in the generally accepted scientific explanation for the creation of the world, or some mixture of science and creationism. I accept atheism as a valid belief system or lack thereof. it is scientific and ground-level social initiatives that will save our world from the ever so sure destruction of climate change and capitalism and everything to do with it, not Thunor, the god of lightning, and thunder, and the common man but Thunor gives me the strength and inspiration to believe in myself and that the world can change.

Reactions: todd and syrinyx

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
well in saying that humans still have religion because they are a young species that is pretty much alienating. it implies that religion is a result of not understanding the world. youre allowed to have that opinion but saying it doesn't alienate anyone is factually incorrect. I am a very religious pagan myself, specifically Fyrnsidu, and my religion is not a hindrance to my understanding but a pathway I have chosen that colors my understanding.

Well my intention wasn't to alienate, so apologies if anyone feels that way. It's difficult to convey exactly what you mean through purely text.

I'm an agnostic myself, and do see (I guess I should specify organized) religion as something an infant race has to explain the unknown (and to control people). Anything another human says or believes should be scrutinized, and I more or less follow a scientific and logical way of reasoning things (which changes as science progresses of course). I like the Buddhist ideas of finding truth and strength from within.

But that's a whole other conversation and one that isn't exactly right or wrong, so. I will leave it at that to try and not derail things here..

Reactions: Drengor

black

Reaction score
well I appreciate your input regardless of whether I disagree. I do understand your point of view and I appreciate you speaking with me.

I believe in anarcho-communism. I would like a horizontally organized, free society without any bodies of power in any form. large committees of regular citizens, hopefully all, would organize to accomplish community tasks and take care of business, while small communities and neighborhoods would function in a similar fashion with other areas of life taking a similar model, with everyone involved having an equal hand in bringing about changes and managing affairs.

Reactions: Drengor

black

Reaction score
and ofcourse that's a grossly oversimplified way of explaining it but im no organizer nor do I push to change society into what I believe it should be. I follow my selfish whims and do not wish to protest or sacrifice myself for any cause.

black

Reaction score
although I definitely daydream of a better way of living. one where i wouldn't have to suffer medical issues due to being broke because a doctor wouldn't have to worry about being paid in the first place.

black

Reaction score
when it comes to believing in something like this, a belief system that's very much on the fringe, you always have to take what you can get. i don't know if i believe we could change the united states into a confederacy of autonomous anarchist unions. i doubt it will happen. but i wholeheartedly don't want to think that way. i want to think we could do it. that in the end before the statists and greedy fucks who own burger king give us paper cuts across our jugular with their dollar bills and stuff us full of McNuggies we could truly broadcast an honest, practical, and not-so-reluctantly unified solution to all of the problems our country has. regular folks who usually vote democrat would be satisfied by the general idea of social liberalism, being that there would be no laws whatsoever managing what any one person could do because of who they are. republican folks would in turn be satisfied by the same thing but more in the way that they would be able to organize their own little shut off libertarian communities without interference from the confederacy. it would be their business and theirs alone.

todd

Reaction score
mmmm chicken nuggets for social change. rise up against BBQ dipping sause !

Reactions: Testicool

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads