West Coast on two wheels | Squat the Planet

West Coast on two wheels

J

jennjan

Hi folks.. Have wanted to do a west coast trip on my bicycle for a while now and am now starting to plan and get ideas for around end of august, beginning of September this year. Wanting to first off get some ideas on rad places to stop along the way. Plan so far is Vancouver BC downwards to Seattle then off to Oregon where ill spend a good amount of time in then onward to wherever things lead. If anyone can suggest things to do places to see people to meet ETC. i like things like... Punk/metal/folk shows, skate parks, trains, beer, parks, abandon buildings, hikes, etc... let me no :)

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
im actually planning the same trip! i'm starting in seattle around august 1st though. my plan is to spend about 2.5 months biking down the coast; this should give plenty of time to hang out in places like you're saying, since it takes about 5-6 weeks to complete from what i've heard.

im planning on doing a lot of urban exploration around the bay area, hopefully checking out some places that have been on my list for quite some time (abandoned military base among some others). i'd like to reach los angeles / san diego by the first week of october, then head out to slab city to help set up the jamboree.

after that, i think i'm just going to spend most of the winter in the slabs writing this book i want to finish. i might bike out to new orleans after that, who knows.

anyways, i'm definitely looking for someone to bike with if you're interested. if that doesn't work out, i can still share some destinations with you. i'm still in the planning phase, but i'll try and post some stuff here as i pour through my notes of the west coast (i have a lot of notes on places i want to go see someday).

• Stupid
Reactions: SnakeOilWilly

Will Wood

Reaction score
Sounds great. Let us know where you are. I'm in Portland. I'd try and join, but I'm older now and my arthritis has me selling my tour bike. sad.. But, sounds fun! Lunch is on me if you make it to Portland,

J

jennjan

im actually planning the same trip! i'm starting in seattle around august 1st though. my plan is to spend about 2.5 months biking down the coast; this should give plenty of time to hang out in places like you're saying, since it takes about 5-6 weeks to complete from what i've heard.

im planning on doing a lot of urban exploration around the bay area, hopefully checking out some places that have been on my list for quite some time (abandoned military base among some others). i'd like to reach los angeles / san diego by the first week of october, then head out to slab city to help set up the jamboree.

after that, i think i'm just going to spend most of the winter in the slabs writing this book i want to finish. i might bike out to new orleans after that, who knows.

anyways, i'm definitely looking for someone to bike with if you're interested. if that doesn't work out, i can still share some destinations with you. i'm still in the planning phase, but i'll try and post some stuff here as i pour through my notes of the west coast (i have a lot of notes on places i want to go see someday).

Amazing!!! I will let you know my departure date once plans are set. Once i hit the bottom of Oregon I have no set plans so will be open to anything. Looking forward to it :)

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
dunno how i can help, but i'm down to helpThe Boss & Ms. Jenn connect..

prepping for a trip from SF to Kent, WA, this week..

but.. who the hell knows if it will be a straight shot..??

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads