Umm So what do ya do when you dont drink anymore??

jarsh

Reaction score
do anyhting besides going to a.a. playing guitar and reading/writing always helps me.

hassysmacker

Reaction score
I mean I dunno I just wake up in the morning with my liver throbbin and shit.. But not to mention its just getting old... Shit its been my best friend for a long time never really that far away hahaha I just want to focus on other stuff for a bit.. I dunno I got my medicaid now so maybe I can get this hep C shit under control I think you have to be sober like 6 months before they will start the interferon.. But I dont know anyone whose ever completed it.. That shits terible basically chemo

not everyone gets mega sick from interferon therapy. true a lot of people do, but there are exceptions and i'm one of them. i have like 2 months left of my treatment and the interferon hasnt negatively affected me mentally or physically.

just so you know.

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
when i dont drink i drink to pass the time. also drinking is a great way to quit drinking. if you learn to drink you won't have to drink so you can drink. any questions? i need a drink.

R

rideitlikeyoustoleit

Wow, everyone is coming up with really good lists.

I've been quitting drinking, at least for a while, and it's been about a month. I thought it would be pretty hard, but so far so good. I've just been trying to stay positive so that I'm having hella fun without it.

drunken marauder

Reaction score
Man today is day 3 for me and Ive been smokken this nasty green stuff makes me thirsty....

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I stole my C++ textbook from school ... I also have a VB.net ... muahahaha.

drunken marauder

Reaction score
Wow so I'm like actually surprised at the amount of response.. And the humor is good to cause I'm a fukking smart ass.. Arrow some time you will have to ask me about all the fucked up stuff I have told people to do at AA meeting hahahahaa up tight assholes.... I dont knock drugs or booze hell I loved em for a long time..... And they did what they were supposed to do.... Im just tired of being oblivious and feeling like shit fo weeks on end afterwards.. Plus I dont do shit.. Hell a few accomplishments besides breathing and a ged would be nice...

Tiphareth

Reaction score
Marijuana, rEADING, yOGA.

D

Deleted member 19368

So umm Im Ive been contemplating a lot lateyl.... And like wondering about what would traveling be like with out drinkin.. Lol ya know its starting to take a toll on health and just shit expensive and I do all sorts of el retardo shit when drunk.. Plus I dunno I guess Im just getting sick of doing it all the time..... So what do yall do when your not drinkin.. Am I the only person wonderin these things??

Rob Nothing

Banned
Reaction score
old ass thread

masturbate. :] it keeps the hands busy. bwahah
idle hands are the devils playthings. how long you been sober?

Generally I find more time for reading/writing, repairs, organizing shit, being creative and planning ahead when Im not drinking constantly. . took a month break from alcohol and i'm felt pretty great. easier to sleep and also a lot more room in my guts for water and food so my overall quality of life improves without it, which is why I like sobriety almost as much as I like my booze.

I feel like Ive got a fairly healthy balance going, although shits still expensive and money evaporates. Essentially when Im not drinking Im working.

Sameer

Reaction score
I never have tasted alcohol. But smoke weed. Healthier I think. Lots of various styles here in Colorado. Mr. Pico, my dog says "It's a good thing!" He doesn't indulge but likes my attitude when I smoke... easier to con me for treats.

Alrats

Reaction score
I had to stop traveling and lock my shit down to get off the sauce totally. Once I was off, I was good. It's hard to find new habits and ways to deal with shit. A lot of things come out sometimes when people back off from drinking. I mostly just kept to myself a lot. When I hung out with folks, I would just try and think a lot about who and what I was and work on my shit while helping my pals not totally flail their lives and shit everywhere.
The longest I've made it is 10 months. I'm currently back on the sauce, but I feel like I know now more of what I'm doing and I'm not just flailing my shit everywhere. I'm also 32 and I guess I've been doing all this shit for a long time, so I know I can "go home" (as in, I've learned how to make stability or "home" happen right quick when I need a break) and I also know that everything I do is my own personal choice, even if it's my addiction to alcohol or smoking or poor judgment.

So, I guess part of my answer is that I replaced drinking with thinking. And I figured a LOT of shit out.

Reactions: Drengor

nivoldoog

Banned
Reaction score
I invested my beer drinking money into stock market. Made a decent amount of scratch. It is what funded my first adventure after military.

Dmac

Reaction score
Just switch to smoking pot instead. I did that almost three years ago and have never felt better. Feel like a drink? Smoke instead.

Reactions: Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads