Umm So what do ya do when you dont drink anymore??

drunken marauder

Reaction score
So umm Im Ive been contemplating a lot lateyl.... And like wondering about what would traveling be like with out drinkin.. Lol ya know its starting to take a toll on health and just shit expensive and I do all sorts of el retardo shit when drunk.. Plus I dunno I guess Im just getting sick of doing it all the time..... So what do yall do when your not drinkin.. Am I the only person wonderin these things??

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
well, first of all, we all dont drink ALL the time. i go on binges. drink alot for like a week then dont for a week. when your sober you get into DIY stuff, reading, writing, uhhh i dont know. bird watching? you get creative.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
If you have to ask, you may have a drinking problem. Haha.
In all seriousness, though, you can do ANYTHING. Learn to play an instrument. READ. Write. Make shit. Break shit. There is no limit to what you can do!

dime

Reaction score
Website
www.piradicalproductions.com
So umm Im Ive been contemplating a lot lateyl.... And like wondering about what would traveling be like with out drinkin.. Lol ya know its starting to take a toll on health and just shit expensive and I do all sorts of el retardo shit when drunk.. Plus I dunno I guess Im just getting sick of doing it all the time..... So what do yall do when your not drinkin.. Am I the only person wonderin these things??

yeah im trying to stop drinking too and finding myself wondering the same thing

drunken marauder

Reaction score
I mean I dunno I just wake up in the morning with my liver throbbin and shit.. But not to mention its just getting old... Shit its been my best friend for a long time never really that far away hahaha I just want to focus on other stuff for a bit.. I dunno I got my medicaid now so maybe I can get this hep C shit under control I think you have to be sober like 6 months before they will start the interferon.. But I dont know anyone whose ever completed it.. That shits terible basically chemo

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I used to drink a lot, but I can't give up drinking. I'll have a little bit here and there, just enough to feel a little better but not enough to get belligerent. Good luck

Reactions: Dmac

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
Wow, I'm nearly three decades into life on Earth and I just this year started drinking alcohol, and only when I hang with friends. Guess it's my luck that I don't much like the taste...
I dunno how much time drinking actually could take in your days, but here's some suggestions you might find useful (I hope):
* begin a routine of sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups (just do what you can and the amount will increase over time)
* climbing trees or urban structures
* plan attacks (and escapes from the scene) on all sort of institutions and property in any city
* nap on a park lawn or a beach
* visit a food bank for whatever you can use without cooking, see what you can put together from that
* collect cans or bottles to return for some recycling-deposit money, and think of other ways to make a buck
* take up a hobby of skill (a musical instrument, juggling, needlepoint, crochet, writing, drawing, painting, woodcarving, etc.)
* attend free movie showings, speakers, or debates/discussions at libraries, universities, and bookshops
* get a partner and fuck (be safe - and don't make babies!!!])
* stroll through a mall and notice how oblivious the workers and shoppers are to all the holes in security
* observe shoppers and try to estimate how much money gets turned into fuel for this rotten economy in exchange for unnecessary sweatshop-kid-made crap
* read books on C++ computer-programming, which you can practice and get a license to perform for big bucks (like a million other assholes)
* learn how to hack computers, so you can bring all of the industrial world to a sudden, grinding, crashing end
* go jogging, or play a bit of sport
* study some nutrition, so you know why drinking so much alcohol ain't so good
* kill and bury God

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
I'm slowly getting myself off the booze (not very quickly admittedly) and find that smoking pot, playing music and exercising are the best ways to keep myself occupied. I also started reading a lot more. It is annoying though, just because I can carry liquor in my blood stream but putting all these damn books in my pack practically doubles its weight. Also I seem to be much more successful at spanging when drunk.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
I'm always really surprised after 2 weeks of drinking how shitty I feel psychologically. After 3 or 4 days sober I feel like a totally different person. I used to go on like 2 weeks on and 1 week off cycles when I was traveling full time. It's funny that alcohol is such of a a socially accepted thing when you start to look at how much it can become an addiction. After the first day off I'd feel like I needed a drink. I've been drinking a lot less lately, reading and writing a lot. Also playing music and some sort of exercise helps too. Also if you're trying to quit or cut back smoking, quitting or cutting back drinking is a huge help for obvious reasons. My two cents..

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
uuummmmmmm...I'm sure I don't know, I've never thought about what I'd do without drinking. uh hit golf balls?? I think I would honestly be lost.

drunken marauder

Reaction score
So basically I fell like I have sorta wasted a lot of time drinking and the damn afects are starting to show up and there not fun.... I just want to travel for a purpose other than getting drunk in the next town....

kai

Reaction score
i guess after giving up substances a while ago...albeit i drink again, but have more hobbies then i did at one time...i took up/have taken up or tried out;

-gardening
-fire breathing
-fire spinning
-making art
-working on bikes
-writing
-playing harmonica and guitar
-making/modifying clothes
-tons of card games
-picking herbs/learning about medicinal plants and other holistic medicine
-studying nutrition
-baking
-silversmithing

when i first started travelling it was also because i'd quit getting fucked up at the time and wanted something else to do. i'm also aware that most of these activities save for a few, require homesteading. i'm definately far more homebound now then i was in the past. It's the sacrifice I had to make in order to be productive (or at least feel productive) with my time and i really don't regret it either.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads