things in the city of new york | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

things in the city of new york

Mogwai

Reaction score
I'm heading out to NYC this Thursday, what perfect timing for me to come across this thread (wasn't even looking, silly me)! Thanks everyone.

M

Mouse

hep c squat is pretty much a sad represtention of a time long past. I've been in there once.. Sturg asked some kids in tompkins park if anyone wanted to help clean up for a show and I volunteered so I could get in the show for free. I helped clean up.. never went back because the place was just too sketchy and really didn't like the thought of being there all night. this was back in about 2004.

The only cool place I used to know in NYC was the batcave squat in brooklyn. but I'm pretty sure it's been torn down.

HOWEVER - serenity squat had some cool, nice, upstanding people. when I was invited to visit it was kinda like visiting your crazy aunt. and it looked like they were really trying to make the place as livable as they could.

Tosh

Reaction score
God damm, lol c squat this c squat that, lol mat said it best dust tweekers lol, dont get me wrong i love disasociatives, but dam if i had to hear sturges voice for more than 20 mins, id go on a tri squat killing spree.

lol c squat lol, ive had cooler squats with cooler kids in merengo (chi town burb) (pop 200) lol

Sliver

Reaction score
I used to live in the batcave. Was your friend who lived there and was stabbed named Jason? Did he have a Mohawk? I lived there in late 2005-2006, the end ti
e... I was one of the forementioned junkies. Heh. I'll tell some stories when I have more time. It's riight though at the end it was just junkies and runaways and a few brave as he'll train hoppers. As for c squat the place is a joke. Been in there twice almost got my ass kicked both times.

robbaked

Reaction score
Never had more fun than NYC and Tompkins. It's like grand central for kids from all over the place. Def 'bad habit' area and c-squat is like a high school popularity thing. Kinda sucks that that shit goes on, but, you know... it's life. Big up to Nico and SFH.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads