The dumbest assholes you've seen on the rails/road | Page 5 | Squat the Planet

The dumbest assholes you've seen on the rails/road

smellsea

Reaction score
the two bulls that patrol oliver yard in nola are alllll about reading train hopping stories on the internet. he kept asking me if i was going to write about our meeting on the internet so he could read it. they actually didn't turn out to be so bad, after i got out of the handcuffs and they realized the "i'm gonna scare the crap out of you little girl" thing wasnt working. but at the end of the day a pig is a pig, i wouldnt trust em, but they werent SO bad.

stupidest kids i've ever met. hmm. hobbit. the first thing he ever said to me was " you're my new wife?". i told him to get the fuck away from me, he tried to talk a few times after that less drunk and obviously embarassed. i still made it very clear that i didn't like him. i also met this really dumb ass chick in berkeley maybe 4 years ago, and she kept screaming "spare change for freight train ridazzzz" that bitch was fucking retarded, she told me her stupid nickname and i said "i'm not gonna call you that" haha. i left that scene pretty quick. never seen her again.

Mei

Reaction score
Hmmm...
This couple that showed up at the same hop out spot and ended up getting drunk & angry and beating the fuck out of each other and making way too much goddamn noise.
I would also talk some major shit on a few kids I met on Haight (FUCK THAT PLACE) but I just...don't have the energy.

wrkrsunite

Reaction score
That kid named piss(the Indian 1). I really like the kid but when he gets hammered and runs around the French quarter trying to fight everyone, fuck that. Plus he likes icp. Entertaining fuckwad though.

• Haha
Reactions: Testicool

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Wow I really liked this thread kinda insightful
should be in the sketchy people list but I still found it

that's a good idea. moved to shady people section and stickied :D

Art101

Reaction score
So many oggletastic stories so little time lol.I have indeed been the dumbass using a flare to light a smoke and chucking the fucker,was years ago though.I guess it boils down to respect or the lack of and learning the hard way.I dont see catching out as a scenster kinda thing but sounds like it has developed that way as of late.Hobbit rings a bell,met a dude in Boise that called himself that was a fucking drunken douche bag for a syphalitic skid road hooker with 2 wooden legs.Anyways the learning curve on the rail is steep and it does tend to regulate itself.

• Haha
Reactions: roughdraft

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
that's a good idea. moved to shady people section and stickied :D

I haven't read this thread through... just got jumped in on the latest posts.

Just wondering if there should be a disclaimer for this sticky thread.

Shady people forum ... I see/thought/think is supposed to be a moderated forum for serious shady folks... (what I thought would be serious consideration to who is... identified by being listed in this forum...?) (will the real slim shady...lol) and having a thread so general like this opens it up for anyone to slander anyone else?

What I'm suggesting... is okay this is a sticky thread... but maybe put in a disclaimer... that this thread is not for "serious" offenses... just peoples opinions/harsh jokes of others being dumb asses... ... Dunno if that makes sense...

'm a bit of a dumb ass myself. :p

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
What I'm suggesting... is okay this is a sticky thread... but maybe put in a disclaimer... that this thread is not for "serious" offenses... just peoples opinions/harsh jokes of others being dumb asses... ... Dunno if that makes sense...

added a disclaimer to the OP. thanks for the suggestion :)

K

Kim Chee

oh... try to specify RIP it can be confusing

If you need further information regarding the term RIP, you are either beyond hope or simply being difficult.

What you are doing is derailing the thread.

As for typing withing the brackets of quotes, you are essentially putting words into the mouths of others.

On topic: This thread is about dumbest assholes you've seen on the rails/road.

Wandering Man

Reaction score
Went to Salida, CO. Beautiful place, small tweaker crowd (thankfully), most of the people seemed decent enough, but there is one problem. The youth of salida. These kids ranging from 15/16-24/25 run around like a gang, they hang out mainly around riverside park, mind you, Salida is only on one side of the river and there is a bridge across, anyways, these kids act cool to your face, but if they do something to you and you confront them, they got 7 people behind them all of a sudden.

I was out there, had to stash my pack in the bushes across the river, I went down the path until i found a dense grouping of bushes and stashed my pack there, i think i was staying on a couch for a few days because my clothes got soaked in a random ass rain shower, i think thats why i stashed my pack, but anyways, i return to where my pack should be and its gone, later find out that it was these kids and i get MOST of my stuff back (the inexpensive and definitely more necessary stuff thankfully), but these kids wanted me to pay for my other shit back, knowing damn well that im traveling with little to no money and mainly doing barter. Goofy fucks, not necessarily dangerous if you dont piss them off, annoying as fuck and ignorant, some if not most of this group of kids is on meth, figured that out by talking to them befpre my shit was gone. Funny thing is that no one was around when i stashed my shit and it was completely unseeable from every angle. They must have either seen me from afar or knew where travelers liked to hide stuff if they werent familiar with the area, a lot of travelers go thru this area, i met quite a few, lot of older traveling folks, 50s and up train hopping

wrkrsunite

Reaction score
One of the bull's in Hamlet NC is super cool gave me water food and told me he didn't mind us experienced tramps on his trains because we hate people robbing trains just like they do. Good guy. He even started to put me on the right train (greenwood Atlanta) till I interupted him and pointed out my train. To which he laughed and said "you guys never ceases to amaze me"

garytheoldguy

Reaction score
One incident that sticks out in my mind is hopping out of Houston several years ago. I had rolled into town solo but had very quickly met like six or so travelers all headed west. We commence to drinking and having a great time. Oooh, forgot to mention, this is the day before Thanksgiving. Trust me it is relevant. Anyway, later that night we are drunk and two westbound pushers stop right in front of us, so naturally we load up both. The train takes off and we go maybe half a mile, stopped a few minutes, takes off again, then stops. Within seconds we are surrounded by cops, bulls, news vans. It's fucking insane.... Well to shorten the story a bit, one of the pricks in the unit I'm not in passed out in the engineer seat with his feet on the dash and put the engine in emergency mode, TWICE!!!!
To make matters worse, another dumbfuck gave an interview with the local news.
After that I walked away, got good and wasted for several days because I was in Houston for Thanksgiving. When I get back to the hopout the group with the emergency mode guy is there. Needless to say I stayed off to myself. I finally hop to San Antonio and whose walking up as I come out of the beer store? The same fuckups!!!​

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Unfortunately there are certainly individuals who do not respect the rails and the ones who don't do nothing but mess things up for the next hobo or drifter that happens to come along.

I understand the frustration however in the end there is nothing we can really do about it. All we can do is try to keep the hobo traditions alive and do our best to educate new riders by sharing our hope, strength and experience.

Believe me, I've seem people do some of the stupidest shit while train hopping however we all have had those " why the hell did I do that moments " Safe travles brothers and sisters!

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Some fuckin' Oogle named "Grizzly".
Met him in Eugene, and hung around in a bum pile for a couple of days. Many of us were all wanting to hop out, some north, some south, and a few of us bussed to the hop out together.

The kid was pretty alright, other than his big mouth dropping names, and bragging his ass off about his financial, romantic, and "train rider" siruation. Apparently he was on his way to Hawaii because he's such a weed king pin, but was flying out of Portland. He then gets shit waisted over the course of two days, and proceeds to fall down the fucking hill underneath the bridge, TWICE. Me and the other kid had to scale the fucking hill to grab his drink ass and carry him back up. The reason I did this, was because the hop-out is right next to a main highway, and he was extremely exposed at the bottom of the hill. anyhow- next day. I tell him he was acting a fool, and we laugh about it, whatever. Kid gets waisted again, and I ditch to a different spot with a couple other riders that want nothing to do with the shit show, and wait for our train headed SBD. This Grizzly kid kept telling me he was trying to go NBD.
Our train stops, and myself, and a couple other kids hop on a piggy-back. Grizzly preceded to cross the highway, following us, and begins yelling nonsense, while stomping around the ins and outs of the stopped train looking for the ride we were on. He literally walked right next to our ride, and didn't notice us.
Dude was baligerent, and blew the spot up HARD.
Definitely punch in the face worthy antics.

• Haha
Reactions: roughdraft

scutellaria

Reaction score
i was in worcester last summer hangin out under that bridge by the ms worcester diner. i see this other kid a ways down from me like milling around very obviously, makin noise, etc etc when theres no strings blocking the yard. i was just chillin, napping and listening to the scanner, and marking trains when strings would come by and he comes up to me like standing over me as im layin down and talkin at me (two things i cannot stand when men - or boys in this case - do) hes telling me hes got weed like 1000 times, i say i dont smoke weed, hes telling me he rides trains and hes catching out on some train to somewhere and im like buddy you know theres like 4 railroads in this town right? but you know of course he knows what hes talkin about cuz he definitelt rides trains and blah blah blah all of this fucking ridiculous arrogant shit. soon as he walked up to me i could tell he was no more than 21 and had been on no more than one or two trains in his life and had no idea how to get where he was tryin to go. then im discreetly marking trains and hes kinda followin me around but then the piece of shit starts climbing on the inside of the string, in full view of the yard, and motherfucking deadass climbing on top of cars in the middle of the day. i packed my shit and dipped. i wish ida punched him or at least fuckin boxed the little shits ear or somethig. fucking ignorant ass little kids could just not be ignorant ass little fucks and id be happy to help but no you gotta be an ignorant ass little bitch

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads