1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

The dumbest assholes you've seen on the rails/road

Discussion in 'Untrustworthy and Shady People' started by TheUndeadPhoenix, Dec 3, 2011.

1. smellsea

smellsea Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +123 / -8
    the two bulls that patrol oliver yard in nola are alllll about reading train hopping stories on the internet. he kept asking me if i was going to write about our meeting on the internet so he could read it. they actually didn't turn out to be so bad, after i got out of the handcuffs and they realized the "i'm gonna scare the crap out of you little girl" thing wasnt working. but at the end of the day a pig is a pig, i wouldnt trust em, but they werent SO bad.

stupidest kids i've ever met. hmm. hobbit. the first thing he ever said to me was " you're my new wife?". i told him to get the fuck away from me, he tried to talk a few times after that less drunk and obviously embarassed. i still made it very clear that i didn't like him. i also met this really dumb ass chick in berkeley maybe 4 years ago, and she kept screaming "spare change for freight train ridazzzz" that bitch was fucking retarded, she told me her stupid nickname and i said "i'm not gonna call you that" haha. i left that scene pretty quick. never seen her again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mei

Mei Hungry for Knowledge

Achievements:
    lookin for a job
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Hmmm...
    This couple that showed up at the same hop out spot and ended up getting drunk & angry and beating the fuck out of each other and making way too much goddamn noise.
    I would also talk some major shit on a few kids I met on Haight (FUCK THAT PLACE) but I just...don't have the energy.

3. wrkrsunite

wrkrsunite Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    Bum
    Address:
    San Francisco, CA, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +256 / -6
    That kid named piss(the Indian 1). I really like the kid but when he gets hammered and runs around the French quarter trying to fight everyone, fuck that. Plus he likes icp. Entertaining fuckwad though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. buffalobill

buffalobill One of the Regulars

Achievements:
    blue collar bum
    Address:
    Louisville, KY, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +49 / -4
    Wow I really liked this thread kinda insightful
    should be in the sketchy people list but I still found it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Meh Meh x 1
  5. Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick StP Founder, Admin, and travel addict
    Staff Member Admin

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    Professional Adventurer
    Address:
    Slab City, CA, United States
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +7,889 / -50
    that's a good idea. moved to shady people section and stickied :D

6. Art101

Art101 Can't get enough of the site

Achievements:
    Cook
    Address:
    Cheyenne, WY, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +702 / -8
    So many oggletastic stories so little time lol.I have indeed been the dumbass using a flare to light a smoke and chucking the fucker,was years ago though.I guess it boils down to respect or the lack of and learning the hard way.I dont see catching out as a scenster kinda thing but sounds like it has developed that way as of late.Hobbit rings a bell,met a dude in Boise that called himself that was a fucking drunken douche bag for a syphalitic skid road hooker with 2 wooden legs.Anyways the learning curve on the rail is steep and it does tend to regulate itself.

7. Odin

Odin ANTISOLIPSIST
    Lifetime Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    Umbra Animus
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +2,330 / -12
    I haven't read this thread through... just got jumped in on the latest posts.

Just wondering if there should be a disclaimer for this sticky thread.

Shady people forum ... I see/thought/think is supposed to be a moderated forum for serious shady folks... (what I thought would be serious consideration to who is... identified by being listed in this forum...?) (will the real slim shady...lol) and having a thread so general like this opens it up for anyone to slander anyone else?

What I'm suggesting... is okay this is a sticky thread... but maybe put in a disclaimer... that this thread is not for "serious" offenses... just peoples opinions/harsh jokes of others being dumb asses... ... Dunno if that makes sense...

'm a bit of a dumb ass myself. :p

2ยข

• Like Like x 4
  8. Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick StP Founder, Admin, and travel addict
    Staff Member Admin

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    Professional Adventurer
    Address:
    Slab City, CA, United States
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +7,889 / -50
    added a disclaimer to the OP. thanks for the suggestion :)

9. shwillyhaaa

shwillyhaaa Sir Posts a Lot

Achievements:
    musician/ nomad/ escape artist
    Address:
    West Bend, Wisconsin, United States
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +90 / -3

10. Kim Chee

I deleted myself

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    No, @whaleofashrimp is deceased. Flood is only dead on the inside.

@shwillyhaaa "try to avoid typing within the brackets " [ ] " of the quotes, it can be confusing;)

11. shwillyhaaa

Achievements:
    Address:
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +90 / -3
    oh... try to specify RIP it can be confusing

12. Kim Chee

I deleted myself

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    If you need further information regarding the term RIP, you are either beyond hope or simply being difficult.

What you are doing is derailing the thread.

As for typing withing the brackets of quotes, you are essentially putting words into the mouths of others.

On topic: This thread is about dumbest assholes you've seen on the rails/road.

• Like Like x 1
    • Off Topic Off Topic x 1
  13. shwillyhaaa

Achievements:
    Address:
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +90 / -3
    orr it could have been a mistake... huh... as far as the RIP obviously i know what it means... you didnt specify whom it was intended for. V

14. Wandering Man

Wandering Man Just signed up

Achievements:
    Address:
    Canton, OH, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    Went to Salida, CO. Beautiful place, small tweaker crowd (thankfully), most of the people seemed decent enough, but there is one problem. The youth of salida. These kids ranging from 15/16-24/25 run around like a gang, they hang out mainly around riverside park, mind you, Salida is only on one side of the river and there is a bridge across, anyways, these kids act cool to your face, but if they do something to you and you confront them, they got 7 people behind them all of a sudden.

I was out there, had to stash my pack in the bushes across the river, I went down the path until i found a dense grouping of bushes and stashed my pack there, i think i was staying on a couch for a few days because my clothes got soaked in a random ass rain shower, i think thats why i stashed my pack, but anyways, i return to where my pack should be and its gone, later find out that it was these kids and i get MOST of my stuff back (the inexpensive and definitely more necessary stuff thankfully), but these kids wanted me to pay for my other shit back, knowing damn well that im traveling with little to no money and mainly doing barter. Goofy fucks, not necessarily dangerous if you dont piss them off, annoying as fuck and ignorant, some if not most of this group of kids is on meth, figured that out by talking to them befpre my shit was gone. Funny thing is that no one was around when i stashed my shit and it was completely unseeable from every angle. They must have either seen me from afar or knew where travelers liked to hide stuff if they werent familiar with the area, a lot of travelers go thru this area, i met quite a few, lot of older traveling folks, 50s and up train hopping

• Like Like x 1
  15. wrkrsunite

wrkrsunite Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    Bum
    Address:
    San Francisco, CA, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +256 / -6
    One of the bull's in Hamlet NC is super cool gave me water food and told me he didn't mind us experienced tramps on his trains because we hate people robbing trains just like they do. Good guy. He even started to put me on the right train (greenwood Atlanta) till I interupted him and pointed out my train. To which he laughed and said "you guys never ceases to amaze me"

16. garytheoldguy

garytheoldguy is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    Address:
    Orlando, Florida, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    One incident that sticks out in my mind is hopping out of Houston several years ago. I had rolled into town solo but had very quickly met like six or so travelers all headed west. We commence to drinking and having a great time. Oooh, forgot to mention, this is the day before Thanksgiving. Trust me it is relevant. Anyway, later that night we are drunk and two westbound pushers stop right in front of us, so naturally we load up both. The train takes off and we go maybe half a mile, stopped a few minutes, takes off again, then stops. Within seconds we are surrounded by cops, bulls, news vans. It's fucking insane.... Well to shorten the story a bit, one of the pricks in the unit I'm not in passed out in the engineer seat with his feet on the dash and put the engine in emergency mode, TWICE!!!!
    To make matters worse, another dumbfuck gave an interview with the local news.
    After that I walked away, got good and wasted for several days because I was in Houston for Thanksgiving. When I get back to the hopout the group with the emergency mode guy is there. Needless to say I stayed off to myself. I finally hop to San Antonio and whose walking up as I come out of the beer store? The same fuckups!!!​

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Mudisthename

Mudisthename Appreciated Participator

Achievements:
    Traveling Hobo - Work from city to city
    Address:
    Nashville, TN, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +51 / -0
    Unfortunately there are certainly individuals who do not respect the rails and the ones who don't do nothing but mess things up for the next hobo or drifter that happens to come along.

I understand the frustration however in the end there is nothing we can really do about it. All we can do is try to keep the hobo traditions alive and do our best to educate new riders by sharing our hope, strength and experience.

Believe me, I've seem people do some of the stupidest shit while train hopping however we all have had those " why the hell did I do that moments " Safe travles brothers and sisters!

• Like Like x 1