The Dangers of Squatting

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
wow. thats totally fucked up and waaay beyond the line if you ask me. if this had happened to me, i would have burned the place to the fucking ground. im totally not joking when i say this. fuck those people. if your friends house was too close and might get burned, id find some other fucked up way to fuck that house over... buckets of termites, buckets of chum, whatever it took to make sure that house wouldnt be used ever again. landlords like that should be shot.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I'd find it funny if someone ran some hose in there/wrecked the roof and caused some major water damage. It's getting a bit too dry to play with fire.

stove

Reaction score
Finn: You're much too pacificst! Water damage? Sure, like Katrina. I'm thinking of something mixed with sugar, forming a perchlorate, which would be amazing to ignite on the first floor...

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
The house Turtles is talking about was a rowhouse. Our friends lived in the adjacent apartment, so a fire wouldn't be too smart. However, there are plenty of ways to make the interior absolutely unlivable ever again...

rabidpossum

Reaction score
the squat we found in providence i've only slept in once so far, mainly cause we knew it had been a spot for crackheads and junkies to do their shit in. while hanging out in there one afternoon, 3 of us were on the second floor just having a few beers. we always locked the only door to the place too, but there's a shitty fire escape (it's a ladder like 7 feet off the ground to a small "porch" outside the window of the room on the second floor where we were chillin). someone who obviously noticed the locked door climbed up and looked in and saw us. we heard him say "holy shit theres people here" to someone else we couldnt see, then they were gone.

that kinda shit makes me sketchy about trying to make this place is sweet home for me in providence. i don't wanna hafta sleep with my knife ready over some spot. granted, maybe it was "their spot" first. really, i'm hoping to maybe even meet some of the people who've used the place in the past and figure something out. who knows.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads