techno

rellydelly890

Reaction score
I understand that the genre popularly known as techno is well hated. But I really enjoy it. I was just wanted to start a discussion as to why so many people disliked it. I mean honestly guys, what has techno ever done to you??

bote

Reaction score
Hmm, mostly hated by people who haven[t been exposed to the good stuff, so you can't blame them. Check out mutant fest sometime, no shortage there

genghis braun

Reaction score
aphex twin (and his 1,000,000,000 monikers)
squarepusher
venetian snares
clark (or chris clark...he's been going by his full name recently)

uhhh, there might be one or 2 more that I'm leaving out, but does anybody else have any good suggestions on GOOD electronic music?

wartomods

Reaction score
i can appreciate everything, as the time goes on i start to appreciate people and specific acts more than the actual genre. Maybe i am just going soft.

CdCase123

Reaction score
^ we must have made these posts at the same exact time

aphex twin (and his 1,000,000,000 monikers)
squarepusher
venetian snares
clark (or chris clark...he's been going by his full name recently)

word!

and wisp, and mike paradinas, the flashbulb and his monikers, bochum welt, and ceephax acid crew, dmx krew and bogdan raczynski etc etc.

smellyskelly

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
rememberusername said:
I think its ridiculous to say if you cant pit, skank, pogo to something its no good.. thats actually ridiculously hilarious.

not saying its no good, just saying its not for me. It's what I've grown up with, not all i know, but what im most comfortable with and have the most fun with.

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I think electronic music is the second most beautiful form of music (second of course only to classical).

Top artists that every human being should hear at least once:
bt (brian transeau - check out his album This Binary Universe. Mind blowing on acid)
imogen heap
deadmau5 (his mainstream stuff is clubby dance music, but he's got a good amount of glitchy, IDMish tracks that are pretty cool)
M83
ulrich schnauss
trentemøller
william orbit
enigma
conjure one
junkie xl
dntel (guy who makes the music in The Postal Service)
dousk
booka shade
aphex twin

electronic music <3

The Cheshire

Reaction score
So this has got me thinking I ought to persue the shit I heard at Hempfest. It was described to me as "glitch" but being as stoned as I was that could be wrong. It was really Bass-y with some sort of samples that really ounded like glitching electronics, os maybe? They played a song about a printer malfunctioning....

Any ideas?

bote

Reaction score
good electronic music:

trentemoller, album ¨the last resort¨
pantha du prince ¨this bliss¨ (Conner, house for the classical minded)
ellen alien (song ¨wish¨ is a good starting point)

foxdye (download tracks at spaz.org, awesome)

good beats anytime:
ratatat
fourtet

manitoba/caribou

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
if you like glitchy stuff:

bt - the antikythera mechanism (from This Binary Universe)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-duqsCFXxc"]YouTube - BT - This Binary Universe[/ame]

or if you want more glitchy crazyness:

autechre - gantz graf
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfwD05XA2YQ"]YouTube - Autechre - Gantz Graf[/ame]

Beyond The Sun

Reaction score
I'm so happy this thread was created. It's reminding me of stuff I need to listen to more. I love Ratatat, RJD2, and Boards of Canada, even if they remind me of someone I no longer care to think about. Is DJ Shadow considered "techno"? I have no fucking clue. I'm pretty sure I like that shit too though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads